Hi + Mapping plugins in Ableton Live

Welcome to the Liine forums. New users are required to post here in order to have access to the rest of the board.
lnikj
Hi + Mapping plugins in Ableton Live

Post by lnikj » 17 May 2016 10:50

Hi Everybody

Recent Lemur purchaser here from sunny rainy Cornwall in the UK.

Struggling a little with plugins in Live, so I wonder if anybody could confirm that my understanding is correct ...

1. If I download a template from the user library for a VST/AU plugin and all that is provided is a .jzml file then I need to map every controller manually?
2. If I map every controller and then save that as a device rack then my mappings will NOT be saved?
3. If I map every controller and want to save those mappings then the only way is to save the Live set? Do I therefore have to map every plugin that I think I will ever want to use with Lemur in advance and save it in a single set?

If those statements are all true then it all seems a bit broken to me :( Not Lemur's fault though. Or, maybe ... hopefully ... I have got it all wrong and there is an easy way to automagically map plugins ?

Be gentle ...

Nik

Softcore
Regular

Re: Hi + Mapping plugins in Ableton Live

Post by Softcore » 06 Jun 2016 21:40

Use the provided "user remote script" (Python) that Ableton Live provides. This way you can design a simple lemur controller that maps itself to the "exposed" parameters of every plug in you happen to "focus" on by banks of 8.

And here's where to find it ( win or Mac)

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/07/a ... s-control/