Unable Direct 3D

Discuss problems and solutions.
kfour
Unable Direct 3D

Post by kfour » 26 Jan 2012 10:45

Every time when I restart Windows 7, screen has show "Direct 3D Error" (Unable to use Direct3D, Please install DirectX). I had install new version of DirectX. But this problem still there. After uninstall LEMUR then the message and problem is gone. I believe LEMUR ahs problem with Windows7 64 bit with DirectX. Please help out fix problem. Thanks

Phil999
Regular

Re: Unable Direct 3D

Post by Phil999 » 26 Jan 2012 11:55

it's gone after uninstalling the Lemur editor? That's surprising. I also see this message from time to time, but only on a netbook with integrated graphics (Intel I guess). On a laptop and two PC's with NVidia cards this never happens.

What kind of computer and graphics card do you have?
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

mrjixies

Post by mrjixies » 23 Feb 2012 10:29

I have this problem as well. Its very annoying. I disable the checkbox saying "Launch Deamon at Start up" I restart and there is that popup twice. When I look at the checkbox in Deamon its checked again??? So it have to be a bug...

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 23 Feb 2012 10:52

Hi
Have you tried altering DirectX settings?
Apparently it causes issues with any number of apps, lots of games, Autocad etc etc
Make sure your video drivers are all correct and up-to-date etc etc
Try going to Personalize > Display > Change Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Troubleshoot > Change Settings.

Goodluck, if all else fails - Open window, drag and drop, and get a Mac . . . ;-}
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 23 Feb 2012 11:19

I also observed the graphics driver crashing and restarting on a dual-screen system. The card is a Quadro FX 4500. But only when I run the editor as only application. When I run other applications like Cubase (dual-screen) at the same time, it never happens.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

cryophonik

Post by cryophonik » 16 May 2012 02:00

Has anybody found a fix for this yet? It's very annoying.

pngaudioguy

Post by pngaudioguy » 21 May 2012 13:20

I have the exact same issue on every PC I have this installed on. The daemon is set to load on boot. Two 32 bit Win 7 laptops (one Dell, one IBM), also on my 64 bit desktop and desktop with XP install (for compatibility with an older audio card). I have just decided that clicking the stupid error and manually restarting the daemon is part of the boot process.

Perhaps the daemon is trying to load itself before the underlying dependencies have loaded? I know little about the windows boot process, but I know you can define boot dependencies in every flavor of Linux I've used. I can't think why else it would have no problems loading when I manually run it, but consistently fails on boot.

A bugfix would certainly be appreciated.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 21 May 2012 13:57

pngaudioguy wrote:Perhaps the daemon is trying to load itself before the underlying dependencies have loaded?
that might be it. Nothing to worry actually. Just click away the messages after boot and the system is ready.

t_tangent

Post by t_tangent » 19 Jun 2012 11:56

Hi all,

First post here, and before anything, just want to say what an amazing app Lemur is, and probably the the main reason why I finally decided to get an ipad. I am still working my way through the manual etc but have it running over ad-hoc wifi to my Laptop running Windows 7 32bit, which after installing the latest intel wifi drivers and getting the settings right works superbly.

However I too have noticed this 'Unable to use direct 3d, please install directx" error. I just click on ok and reload the Lemur daemon and that seems to sort it out, but curious to know whether there is an actual fix for this, or possibly will it be fixed in next update.

Edit: Just disabled the Lemur daemon in msconfig startup. There were 2 entries in there which probably accounts for the 2 error messages I was getting earlier, so have disabled them and on reboot the errors have gone.

Anyway cheers lads and great to be a Lemur user finally :)

t_t

Optiv

Post by Optiv » 31 Aug 2012 08:57

I had the same problem too. I can confirm that disabling the 2 Daemon entries in the msconfig startup fixed this problem.

Hopefully this is not needed in future updates.

Great software, I am hooked.