Reset Ableton Effects Rack Button

Discuss problems and solutions.
sphillpo
Reset Ableton Effects Rack Button

Post by sphillpo » 16 Aug 2014 05:51

Hi,

I am pretty new to lemur other than doing the really obvious stuff so apologies in advance. I have searched the forum can couldn't find a reference to my problem.

I am wanting to have a reset all button on lemur (iOS), that will allow me to set all 8 parameters of an audio effect rack to 0 position. I would create 8 such buttons, one each to be able to reset the effects on each of the 8 channels I use for my live set. The scenario would be if I had done some mad tweaking and have for example the effects heavily applied to 2 of my synth channels going into a bit cresendo, I would want to be able to snap out of all of them with a button click (per channel) as I come out of the breakdown.

I ideally would also like to have a one button reset all, where all effects for all 8 were reset (to zero position) with one button click.

Does anyone know how this is done, or can point me at an example of where it has been done before.

Thanks in advance

Softcore
Regular

Re: Reset Ableton Effects Rack Button

Post by Softcore » 19 Aug 2014 14:36

There are many ways to accomplish this.....depending on what you already have laid out...

IF you already have 8 controls (faders or knobs) inside your Lemur template then the "reset all" button should just set those to 0. This is easily done with scripting:
Follow my signature link for the beginner scripts where the basics of controling Lemur objects with other objects are displayed.

The second way, if you dont already have controls for the parameters you wish to reset, is to make the button so that it sends 8 different midi messages. Again this can be easily achieved either with scripting OR with custom midi messages.

3rd solution: If you send me a template with 8 controls I can easily sketch up a reset button for it so you can study it. ;)

sphillpo

Post by sphillpo » 22 Aug 2014 07:38

Thanks for your reply. It was option 2 that I was wanting to use. So really just trying to find the right syntax to embed multiple output midi messages using script.

Thanks - can you point me at some examples or tutorials. I searched the site but could not find examples.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 22 Aug 2014 11:01

as per ctlout(target, CC, value, midichannel) here is an example - feel free to change target, CC and midi channel to the desired ones in the script
Attachments
8zeroMidiouts-scripted.jzml
(2.75KiB)Downloaded 140 times

sphillpo

Post by sphillpo » 22 Aug 2014 23:46

Many thanks