Windows 8 version of Lemur

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
FriFlo
Windows 8 version of Lemur

Post by FriFlo » 17 Mar 2014 13:06

Title says it all ... Now that I got one of those 27" Acer touch screens I would really whish, there would be a windows version of Lemur. No problems with wifi OSC transmission, giant display, edition on the same screen with all the advantages of having the detailed editor .. all this and more could be possible! Of course I looked into other programs, but nothing really turned me on as nothing is as far developed as Lemur.

oldgearguy
Regular

Re: Windows 8 version of Lemur

Post by oldgearguy » 17 Mar 2014 13:13

simple answer from Liine folks in the past is that they are not planning development for any platforms other than iOS. So, no Android, no Windows, no other UNIX variants.

I have a nice 12" touch tablet (running Android) that I'd love to use, but instead I'm on the iPad. No point in wasting time and energy complaining about it. Use what's available now and get on with creating apps/making music.

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 17 Mar 2014 17:57

we have made a list of alternatives here in the forum, there's quite something around. One of them is http://ctrlr.org. Myself I haven't done anything yet with Ctrlr, but it runs with xml files like Lemur (jzml), so I guess it's not too different.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

ruigato

Post by ruigato » 20 Apr 2014 17:12

i wonder if Liine folks have reconsidered this..

windows 8 version of Lemur would be quite a big thing, with the high quality capacitive multitouch screens getting available.
27" of real estate for Lemur interfaces, without the hassle of extra hardware and network connections.. smaller latency, less complex rig, higher processing power for the new canvas object... sounds like controllerist heaven!

i've also searched for alternatives, but they all feel like crap compared to Lemur (i'm a hardware times Lemur user, veeery used to Lemur) - Usine, Touchdesigner, Emulator Pro... none of them have any chance against the Lemur

come on Liine Official voices, speak your hearts content about this ;)

p.s. - FriFlo, what do you think of the 27" Acer? the multitouch feel and precision is comparable to the iPad?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 21 Apr 2014 02:09

many here are Mac users anyway ...
Of course it would be nice to have Lemur running on Windows. But I think it's not the lack of alternatives that prevent people to use Windows touchscreen computers as multitouch controllers, it's the complexity of softwares like TouchDesigner.

I believe it's all there already. One just has to sit down a couple of months and program this thing. Then you have something even bigger and more complex than Lemur.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 26 Apr 2014 11:42

windows 8 version of Lemur would be quite a big thing, with the high quality capacitive multitouch screens getting available.
27" of real estate for Lemur interfaces, without the hassle of extra hardware and network connections.. smaller latency, less complex rig, higher processing power for the new canvas object... sounds like controllerist heaven!
agree with this Lemur can be the ultimate controler on a 27' LCD (or more) !

Vas

Post by Vas » 22 Jul 2014 06:25

A little knowledge can sometime be dangerous!

The Lemur Editor runs on my Windows 7 machine. Why not get the apps to work in a Windows Touch Screen environment?

Are there any technical reasons why so few touch screen apps run under Windows? It seems that this is the way to go. Running your DAW and at the same time your touch apps. Maybe the VST's and VSTi’s can be touch screen capable? We already have Sonar and a few other programs that work on a Windows Touch Screen. Why is everyone such a party pooper?

It’s my party and I’ll touch if I want to. Touch if I want to!
I thought it was our party. :cry:
23" 10-touch Monitor, iPad Air - IconnectMIDI2+, Windows 10- 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, Firebox, Cubase 7.5, Sonar Platinum, S1 2, Reaper 5, Komplete 8, Lumur, Iris 2.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » 13 Nov 2014 03:16

Now that there is an android version ... can we hope for a windows version? Please, Liine! Just a small hint ... :mrgreen:

Vas

Post by Vas » 28 Dec 2014 00:35

All my new Music software must be multi-touch friendly for me to consider it. This is why I am switching to Sonar and FL Studio. Windows 10 promises to bring addition multi-touch features so maybe this will become the tipping point where app developers respond.

Liine please lead the way to the Windows multi-touch revolution. With all the additional monitor real estate I wonder what your creative genius will accomplish. Along with my fellow musicians I just can’t wait for Lemur to be ported to the Windows platform. Make us happy in 2015.
23" 10-touch Monitor, iPad Air - IconnectMIDI2+, Windows 10- 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, Firebox, Cubase 7.5, Sonar Platinum, S1 2, Reaper 5, Komplete 8, Lumur, Iris 2.

Home Studio 87

Post by Home Studio 87 » 28 Dec 2014 11:46

yes yes yes a WIN version... ;)