Built-in Preset System

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
lABl
Lemur Guru
Built-in Preset System

Post by lABl » 16 Mar 2012 10:28

Totally possible with scripting.

But all people don't use scripts, a more user-friendly method that allows you to store and recall setups would be great.

Also dedicated function for coders, like storepreset(index),loadpreset(index), etc.

By last, a built-in interpolate function would be a dream, interpolate(float(0..1),preset_a(int),preset_b(int))

Dreaming is free :D
Cheers,

brianc
Regular

Re: Built-in Preset System

Post by brianc » 16 Mar 2012 20:43

Definitely!

I'm doing it now with scripting, but that's only able to save the state while Lemur is running. If it stops, the values are reset to the defaults. Being able to store the state would be amazing.

analog604
Regular

Post by analog604 » 18 Mar 2012 23:48

I'd put this to use! +1 :)

I was thinking about workarounds to this today.. such as a parameter dump as a Lemur patch for a particular template to anything that records system exclusive.
Example record into Live as a clip, then play it back on a scene to set parameters in the template during a set as a starting point.
With what Antonio suggests, it would make the recall process easier to program (all settings wouldn't need to be sent over, or partially sent and corrupted) but only a preset selection.
Dashboard gear control templates: User 112 Idx :: LModIt Lite :: SVG image converter for Lemur Canvas

bananas

Post by bananas » 30 Nov 2012 10:13

+1

The ability to load and save simple files directly on the iPad hard disk would be very helpful

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 30 Nov 2012 14:30

especially for softsynths that have a difficult to understand preset system. I find it sometimes a real challenge to store a preset with the name I want into my 'Phil' preset bank. When I started with Lemur in 2012 and read the store-value-tutorial for legacy Lemur, I immediately thought I could bypass the softsynth preset systems altogether and build my own in each template. This has another advantage, you can change a preset directly from Lemur, and there are quite some softsynths that don't react to MIDI PrgCh.

At that time memory was limited in the Lemur app, so I did not finish this idea. Today it should work, but this would mean a variable for each parameter, and if you have 100 and more parameters, it gets a bit hairy. Not too difficult, there are templates with dozens of variables, no problem, but a simpler method for the user, ideally file based, would certainly enhance Lemur's potential. Maybe there is no simpler method (you have to have a variable for each value).
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro