Cubase template and faders

Post your Lemur Projects.
Arapahoe
Cubase template and faders

Post by Arapahoe » 08 Jan 2012 02:46

The cubase template that has been posted is good but does not have any control of the master fader. I noticed in the default projects that the bottom right section of the many ball template actually did make my master fader go up and down (in cubase 6 mac) when physics was on. All i did was to copy this many ball to the uploaded mackie/cubase template without the physics button and now I have a master fader.

Why does this work??? When i apply the same settings from the many ball to another fader it does not work... It has to be a many ball object. Why is this? Also is there any way to set up another master fader for my rear speakers?

Thanks for any imput...

ArapahoeMyemail

lassethomasson

Re: Cubase template and faders

Post by lassethomasson » 09 Jan 2012 12:50

Arapahoe wrote:The cubase template that has been posted is good but does not have any control of the master fader. I noticed in the default projects that the bottom right section of the many ball template actually did make my master fader go up and down (in cubase 6 mac) when physics was on. All i did was to copy this many ball to the uploaded mackie/cubase template without the physics button and now I have a master fader.

Why does this work??? When i apply the same settings from the many ball to another fader it does not work... It has to be a many ball object. Why is this? Also is there any way to set up another master fader for my rear speakers?

Thanks for any imput...

ArapahoeMyemail
To make a Master fader in my Cubase/Mackie template is easy. Just copy one of the existing faders. On the new one change the x message to send on channel 9 and the y message Note On pitch to 112.
This should do it.

And by the way, this help me find a bug in the template. I found that none of the faders send the right faders touch messages making them harder to use for automation. Seems to been lost somewhere along the way. I will fix this one of the coming days.

This page, http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm, with a Mackie midi map is useful if you want to tweek it further.

Arapahoe

Post by Arapahoe » 10 Jan 2012 03:07

Thanks for the help, I will check it out. what about if I have a second master fader for the rear channels of my system? How do I figure out what numbers to use for that?

Arapahoe

Arapahoe

Post by Arapahoe » 10 Jan 2012 03:31

I checked it out and it works like a charm! I don't really know what you mean by set the y to 112??? I don't see anywhere to do this im my version of the lemur software. Where is that? It works without it but perhaps it's needed for automation? I don't see a place to enter a "y" note on messgae. My fader is using E0 pitch bend, which of course is the way I downloaded it from the user library.

Thanks for any continued help. Trying to get the lemur to talk to the different programs I have is utterly baffling to me. Like how do you get it to communicate to a VST running on Cubase mac or is the lemur not able to do that? Documentation is a "little thin" in this regard... it assumes everyone knows how all this fits together and gives help that is wayyy to advanced. IMHO

lassethomasson

Post by lassethomasson » 11 Jan 2012 22:34

Arapahoe wrote:I checked it out and it works like a charm! I don't really know what you mean by set the y to 112??? I don't see anywhere to do this im my version of the lemur software. Where is that? It works without it but perhaps it's needed for automation? I don't see a place to enter a "y" note on messgae. My fader is using E0 pitch bend, which of course is the way I downloaded it from the user library.
Sorry, it's not "y", it's "z", my fault. If you select the fader and expand the view in the project pane by clicking on the triangle you should see it. Every fader has two variables that it sends and receives over, the x and the z. The x is for fader volume/action using pitch bend values and the z is for fader touch. Fader touch is for automation, it tells Cubase to start write automation values until you take your finger away from the fader even if you don't move the fader.