LeMackie v2 - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar

Post your Lemur Projects.
Softcore
Regular
LeMackie v2 - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar

Post by Softcore » 18 Dec 2012 00:15

This post is edited to always feature the LATEST version - no need to search topic for it ;)

updated DOWNLOAD in user library: http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/342/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok guys version 2 is out....

Version 2 features:
- V-Pots with LED feedback and push (tap) function (big thanks to Kiss 'Lori' Lorand)
- Master Fader double tap reset (enable/disable setting available in "Mackie Settings")
- Level meters to quickly see the presense of signal and if a track is clipping (Meters change color to RED). Delay time of resetting to "green" adjustable in "Mackie Settings"
-detailed set up and usage instructions in PDF included pdf. Re-written, now includes tables with all the Mackie functions adopted to the Lemur emulation and its unique features ("edit" dual color LED, "flip" dual color LED, v-Pots bottom Led dual color)
- perfect integration, no flakey feedback, what you see displayed on Lemur is always what is really going on in the software
-selected track displays brighter fader and V-Pot
-Intuitive layout: pressing any of the modifier buttons changes the context of all the relative buttons, nearly no manual or instructions needed for the implementation of Mackie in Sonar - just press any modifier button and all the controls change to reflect current operation
- visual displays for "view" mode, numeric input mode, flip modes etc etc via leds
- bonus ACT Controller page to control individual plug in synths and/or effects (on top of the existing Mackie control for plug ins)
- buttons and functions all named after the specific Sonar Lexan overlay
- a few functions not even mentioned in the manual are also displayed relative to context (M3 Modifier ->Input Monitor)
- settings page for behavior of faders, sensitivity of VPots and more

Here are some pics!

LeMackie page

LeMackie page - M1 modifier pressed

ACT Controller page

ACT Controller page - Shift button pressed

Settings Page

Last edited by Softcore on 04 Jan 2013 18:02, edited 5 times in total.

wurlt01
Regular

Re: LeMackie - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar (soon)

Post by wurlt01 » 18 Dec 2012 05:03

Can't wait to see may help me finish mine for live. Thanks my buttons work now have to apply that to other buttons for 2 way communication.

Softcore
Regular

Re: LeMackie - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar (soon)

Post by Softcore » 25 Dec 2012 01:28

Ok guys, just in time for considering this a Christmas present.....here it is!

Sonar LeMackie

EDITED: see first post of topic! ;)
Last edited by Softcore on 06 Mar 2013 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

Macciza
Regular

Re: LeMackie - Mackie Emulation for Cakewalk's Sonar (releas

Post by Macciza » 25 Dec 2012 11:56

Hi Softcore
Looks great - but unfortunately it does not seem to be downloading,
Can you check whether it actually uploaded properly? Maybe reload it . . .
Anyone else able to download it?

mM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 25 Dec 2012 12:51

Silly me! Just noticed I also forgot to include a ACT-settings file, requiered for the added ACT page....

Re-uploading so I guess this will fix the downlaod issues too! Truth is Liine.net is a bit sluggish today - at least here!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 25 Dec 2012 13:11

Just tried, didnt download here either! I will delete and re-upload the whole thing!

Ok re did the whole post - seems to be working now! Thanks for pointing that out!

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/342/

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 31 Dec 2012 08:39

Wonderful work! I took a peek inside and made some further improvements.
Here are the changes:
  • - added vPots, clicking them resets their assigned parameter
    - added LED rings for vPots*
    - removed "Reset" buttons (function replaced by clicking vPots)
    - added double-tap to Master fader, it resets Master to 0 db

Cosmetic changes:
    - increased VU meter
    - rearranged "Select" buttons
    - rearranged text labels to better fit on buttons
    - when starting the program LEDs are on for VIEW->Track, Control Group -> Track
    - cursor buttons moved a little bit so the text can be displayed for the "Down" button
    - scrub button's outline visible
    - the 3 button's outline above "Reset Meters" and "Connect" visible
    - changed the colour for some button text, they were too bright
    - deleted texts "Write Param" when M1 modifier was pressed
    - changed text to "Write Pan" instead of "Write" when M2 pressed

Bugs fixed:
    - Play had to be pressed twice to pause the playback
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * added only two modes (out of four) for the LED rings (Volume and Pan), for the other two modes I have no idea what they are used for, therefore I wasted no time with them
I would like to post the template but I need the permission of Softcore.
Attachments
LeMackie.png
LeMackie.png (162.97KiB)Viewed 8409 times

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 31 Dec 2012 09:17

The LED rings look absolutely great! I will test your changes and upload the updated template! You are free to upload yourself if you want, no problems on my behalf - this is supposed to be a "sharing" community after all! ;)

My wishes also for a Happy New year!

P.S.: Not sure about the "Write Pan" change - If I recall correctly with M2 pressed the "w" for the whole track is armed and not only the "Pan" (contrary to what the manual says though) - I'll test again as I may be mistaken! There were LOTS (as you found out) of modified actions to analyze and display!

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 31 Dec 2012 10:03

Also, another question.....Is there any documentation about the way you made the LED rings work and the modes incorporated? I mean, what are the CC messages that provide the "feedback" back into the LED rings? I dont recall finding such information anywhere! Thanks!

kisslorand

Post by kisslorand » 31 Dec 2012 10:15

I tested the template with X2, only the Pan was armed. All I found about te ring LEDs was the HUI documentation, the rest was done by trial&error.
Here's the link to those documentations: http://www.ssei-online.de/cms/?q=en/node/36