The learning curve is about to drop???

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Softcore
Regular
The learning curve is about to drop???

Post by Softcore » 26 Nov 2012 21:11

Any hints what this is all about? I 've become obsessed with this Lemur thing and of course, willing to learn as Im quite new to it....so what is this all about?

dbk
Regular

Re: The learning curve is about to drop???

Post by dbk » 28 Nov 2012 18:16

i´d like to know too! :)

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 28 Nov 2012 20:12

This, maybe?

http://cycling74.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... Dummy_Page

Though the blue Lemur logo could indicate a major version update, targetted more at musicians than programmers. Which would be good . . .

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 29 Nov 2012 01:18

My first thought when I saw it, and combining the statement with the blue logo which is the color of the modules file icons, was that there is something going on in terms of new modules or something - sort of like new building blocks for beginners. The link you provided however is equally intriguing!!!

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 29 Nov 2012 09:16

Ahhhh! The blue logo . . . good call. Modules, and plenty of them, are very much along the lines of "more for musicians than programmers". Sorta. Still a long way to go before Lemur could be described as "end-user friendly" for anything besides simple MIDI mapping applications though.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised . . . that is, if it is just modules - that they're useful for my ends (selfish, I know!).

One thing I'd really like to see is a breakdown of the Mu MFL device & template posted to that c74 wiki. With vids or pics. Helping the community to unravel / modularise that beast, *that*'d be quite something. Particularly interested in the Mu driven layout animations and dynamic loading of modules lately, and poring over Mu I think I've reached some little understanding - just nowhere near enough to start pulling it apart and putting it back together the way I envisage it (or you . . . or the next guy).

Then there's the notion to extend it, both within the MFL device and the Lemur template.

^ Current obsession ++

^_^

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 29 Nov 2012 09:40

Hear ya although my "live" set up is far from dynamic in terms of what's where and controlling the lot, so I havent bothered checking out MU.

As for the "end user friendly" thing, frankly, and Im not a programmer - the versatility of Lemur and the designed interfaces is based on the programming aspect of it, so I really really cant complain about it. ;)

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 29 Nov 2012 19:22

Today reaktor was updated to allow osc. Control inside a host as a vst or plugin. Wonder if this has something to do with it.

Diversgens

Post by Diversgens » 29 Nov 2012 21:09

wurlt01 wrote:Today reaktor was updated to allow osc. Control inside a host as a vst or plugin. Wonder if this has something to do with it.
I was about to post exactly the same comment ... i think we will not have to wait too long to know the answer.
And because it's Christmas before Christmas can we have a new fully working Lemur Editor for Win8 ... ;)

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 29 Nov 2012 23:19

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/11/g ... =pulsenews

I wonder if this is it. Still at work.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 30 Nov 2012 03:05

Oh . . . that's an unexpected twist. I think Softcore nailed it in one though - modules / tutorials . . . some form of expanded resource library from Liine themselves.

The NI thing is a bit of a sugary treat either way. Wish I could remember where I read this (somewhere on the web, not sekrit at all), but Reaktor 6 is supposed to support OSC in VST mode too, and IIRC that was from an official source.

Happy days. :)