Sequencomat v3.4 [released]

Post your Lemur Projects.
mat
Regular
Sequencomat v3.4 [released]

Post by mat » 14 Jan 2013 18:17

Hey all,

I am currently working on an update for my Sequencomat (Midi stepsequencer in max/msp for iPad and original Lemur).
The update will be available in february and all users of full license will get a free update.
This short video gives insight into some of the new functions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3IPlR81bXk

The video shows in the following order:
- setup CCs for program change
- using right slider to set all values
- set stepvalues, use random
- program pattern chain
- play chain and see blinking
- see feedback on synth1 template (normal midimapping)
- and overwrite it manually

Enjoy*
mat

-----------------------------------------------------------

New features on Sequencomat v3.4:

- Program change is now transmitted via ControlChange on Controller number 129. This means you can jump the sound stepwise if you like or patternwise, which leads to some new musical opportunities. Controlling the 128 programnumbers via the MultiSlider is not the best ergonomic solution, but shrinking the range helps a bit and gives more finecontrol.

- Pattern chains (follow actions) can now be programmed total free, including iterations of the same pattern and jumps across patternbanks. Chains can be programmed on the fly during playback. Follow actions are up, down, updown, random on each 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2 or 4 bar.

- Saved patternslots are now highlighted. This feature is an ergonomic "must have" and was already integrated in v1 and v2 of Sequencomat (where pattern saving was done in Lemur, not in max), but I missed it in v3 (cause now pattern handling was done in max and I have to fiddle out a appropriate method to do so). Actually this feature was the reason I started the update.

- Patternjumping can now be done with next beat. Although I like that Sequencomat jumps pattern directly - so you can play them like an instrument - some users asked me for a function where patternjumps are done at the end of the beat. So I integrated a dropdown-menu where you can choose between direct pattern triggering or with next 1/2bar, 1bar, 2bars, 4bars.

- Next pattern to come will blink. This gives a good visual feedback for above mentioned patternchains and triggering on beat. Blinking rate responds to 8th of actual bpm.

- Shortcuts for 15 scales. You still can also define your scales totally free by entering the halftonesteps, but I added shortcuts for 15 well known scales. Scales can be defined independent for track 1-4 and 5-8. They are parts of the set (not of a pattern) and can not be changed during playback.

- 20 color themes. I expanded the available color themes for the surface a lot. Now you can switch between 20 color themes include 4 mainly grey templates and 4 user templates, that can be built individually.

Sets of Sequencomat v3.3 are compatible with new v3.4, but will miss the patlight-vector for highlighting saved slots, which can be built by saving the patterns in same slots with v3.4. For details about Sequencomat also see the complete manual (based on v3.3, will update soon) http://www.tonvibration.de/SequencomatV3.html

greetings*mat
Last edited by mat on 21 Feb 2013 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Lemur modules and sequencer: http://music-interface.com
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control

Phil999
Regular

Re: Sequencomat v3.4

Post by Phil999 » 14 Jan 2013 19:01

nicely done. What synths are suited for fast preset changes? Or is that no problem? I'm asking because I've never done such fast preset changes.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 14 Jan 2013 19:54

Thanks Phil :)
The synth I used in the video was good old Synth1 VST - still my main synth...don´t know why, but I love it!
Actually I was surprised by the fast feedback too. (More the feedback, not that it changes presets) The control template of the Synth1 is made with simple bidirectional midi... and normally Midifeedback is not as fast, what I can see if I e.g. control parameters directly with stepvalues of CC on Sequencomat (...there is feedback, but not such fast). But Midifeedback seems to work faster while using programm change. Not sure why.... if anyone has an idea....would be nice to know. :geek:
However, feedback is one thing, but I kept an eye on accurat trigggering, so preset change on step should be no problem with other synths too.

g*mat
Setup: Win7professional 32bit, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2,66 GHz.,Tascam US-144MKII, Ableton Live 8.4,
Arturia Analog Lab., Max/Msp, Maxforlive, Lemur Legacy + Ipad, Akai MPK61, Doepfer Pocket Control

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 18 Jan 2013 10:03

Mat: you certainly create a beast of a Lemur Sequencer. Iam really tempted to invest in this. I hope the tooth fairy will visit me to night

mat
Regular

Post by mat » 20 Jan 2013 17:00

Hey alloedee,
thanks! I see you are into step sequencing too... Numerology must be also a great step sequencer!
I have watched so many videos and sure would have a try, if I were on Mac :(

Well, I am not the tooth fairy, but I still give a 50 Euro payback if I find a video under my youtube pillow. ;)

@ all
update is 80% done. looking foreward to release in february...

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 22 Jan 2013 17:23

Hey alloedee,
thanks! I see you are into step sequencing too... Numerology must be also a great step sequencer!
I have watched so many videos and sure would have a try, if I were on Mac
Hey Man

Yeah, I been working on this template for Numerology for a while, love sequencing on the Lemur. But mine isnt so complex as yours, Iam a humble newbie in this field. But Iam beginning to learn.
Well, I am not the tooth fairy, but I still give a 50 Euro payback if I find a video under my youtube pillow.
Thats so great and kind of you. I will do a youtube movie right away ;)

EDIT: Pyyh... I did'nt know that it would be so complicated to make a Lemur youtube video with a screen recording of what is going on in Numerology at the same time. But its coming up, I just need to fix some minor things with the template

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 27 Jan 2013 13:41

Mat: Iam glad to annonce that my video is finished :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vagam170Yyo

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 27 Jan 2013 18:17

Ummm . . . alloedee? Is that a video of Sequencomat or your Numerology template?

I may be wrong here but I think Mat might have expected a video of Sequencomat 3.4 under his pillow for that cashback!

Otherwise I'm gonna buy Sequencomat 3.4 and he can expect the link to my latest lolcatz vid fairly shortly afterwards. ;) Cash money y'all!
Last edited by Joe Soap on 27 Jan 2013 18:24, edited 3 times in total.

alloedee
Regular

Post by alloedee » 27 Jan 2013 18:20

Thats a video of the Numerology template

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 27 Jan 2013 18:23

Sorry dudist - editied post while you were replying.