Quantize input

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Hansson0728
Quantize input

Post by Hansson0728 » 20 Oct 2017 10:39

So i have this project iam working on to expand the functionality of the Launchpad Mini for Ipad (since it only outputs on 1 channel)
so i made a template with 8 session views (8 different channels)
and some small functions to the different channels, example session 1&2 are clip launchers and 7&8 are note players which only allow one note at a time with a latch function.

what i want now is to have a quantize function, so when i press a key the should not start playing until it syncs up to different quantize values, Half beat to 32 bars.

any one have any ideas on how to do this ?

my template is far from done, ive been working on it for 2 days only and i suspect it will be a long going project.

i will attach what i have, please if you have any suggestions or anything please give me a shout.

regards
Attachments
LaunchpadTemplateVer2.jzml
LaunchpadTemplate
(90.82KiB)Downloaded 78 times

janiliamilanes

Re: Quantize input

Post by janiliamilanes » 25 Oct 2017 16:44

Just fast suggestion (sorry have not looked at your project)--- look at StepSwitch object. If you can sync to DAW, then trigger when Switch changes.

phase_change
Regular

Re: Quantize input

Post by phase_change » 26 Oct 2017 01:10

I've had better luck using max/msp as a timing engine than Lemur's internal clock. Even using a wired connection, Lemur's internal clock has always had stability issues when I've used it. With 1% cpu usage I've noticed fluctuations of +- .25 BPM. This would also be a lot easier to do in max/msp. You could use the pipe object.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?