Contacting admin/support

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Laithar
Contacting admin/support

Post by Laithar » 28 Sep 2017 01:02

I have tried contacting support via email but it got returned. I have also tried private message but the message is stuck in outbox, waiting. How do I contact someone?
Thanks

RichG

Re: Contacting admin/support

Post by RichG » 10 Oct 2017 14:33

You can try http://support.liine.net then click on the "email us" on the right side.

What do you need support for? You're probably better off asking for help here.

Laithar

Post by Laithar » 13 Oct 2017 12:52

Hi Rich.

Yeah, I'm getting that message. I just don't understand why something as powerful as this app is, doesn't have the resources.

I have ideas I want to create but trawling for information on how to do certain things is a nightmare. And asking directly in here always seems to be met with RTFM. The info isn't in the manual so where do I go?

I know what I want can be done because I've seen other projects that utilise what I want but I'm not prepared to pay a huge premium for module when I only need a small part of what that module does. I've watched videos and read posts to get where I am at the moment but my thirst for knowledge exceeds what I've found so far. Trawling is a ball ache and I know everyone else is in the same boat. But some guys know more than others so the info is available. I even try reverse engineering the code from projects in the user library but so far I've not found what I'm looking for.

Besides that, I received an email from someone who said they were Liine Support. They sent me a zip file with two versions of Lemur in it. I wanted to contact support because I needed to know if it was real and not someone trying to put a virus on my PC. Anyway, I took the risk but it didn't solve my problem and being as they asked me to 'let them know', I tried but failed. I'm not a guy who rants and raves when something doesn't work how I want it to. I persist and try and find other ways to do what I want.

What I'm stuck with is:- Using the keyboard module to change labels. The keyboard outputs ASCII codes but I can't find anything that converts those codes to the Alpha Numeric text. Of course I could convert it to send the text itself instead of the ASCII codes but that seems to be a ball ache for something simple, especially when catering for special characters. Also reading information back from Cubase. I'm using midi to set off commands at the moment but now I know I can send ASCII, I will probably reconfigure the way I'm doing everything.

Nigel

denoiser

Post by denoiser » 13 Oct 2017 18:52

Can you post really simplyfied project and more details about what you want?
If pm works (see outbox if msg is stuck), send me one, i could take a look trough weekend. Don't have much time, but this interests me.

RichG

Post by RichG » 13 Oct 2017 19:23

Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but it sounds like you want to convert ASCII codes into strings that you can see as Text box content. If that's the case then maybe THIS thread on concatenating strings might help.

Laithar

Post by Laithar » 13 Oct 2017 23:56

What am I trying to achieve? Well, I have Cubase 9 and I decided I want to control various aspects of the app using Lemur. Ideally, I would like to control some things on Vienna Ensemble Pro too but for now, I'm busy with Cubase. Metagrid is similar to the operation I want but unfortunately it's only for iPad. I have seen something called Composer Tools Pro, which is like a module for Lemur but it's quite expensive and a lot of the functionality, I don't need. I've also seen composers like Junkie XL, Hans Zimmer and Trevor Morris using big touch screens so now I just know I'll want one of those eventually.

I don't own anything Apple as I've always used PC so I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 TAB and I'm using Lemur Android. I started off with just setting up buttons to turn folder visibility on and off using custom button switches. I used a ctlout command when the switch was on and one for off. Simple really and it works well. That allows be to show and hide my folders. I set up buttons for other functions on a separate page (for fixed velocity, quantise and the like).

The thing is, the more I used Lemur, the more I thought of new ways to utilise it's features, it gets a hold of you like that. I'm not really bothered about faders and multiball stuff, just simple button control for now. I try to figure out what I want to do on paper first but once I have achieved it in programming, I always seem to think of a different plan. Like in Cubase, I have a template with all my instrument group folder tracks (Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Strings etc) and then in each group folder I have folders containing individual libraries. In Lemur I have a button switch to show/hide the Woodwind group and also buttons to show/hide each library within the group. In their on state, it shows the folder, in the off state, it hides the folder. It's simple and it works great but once I got it working, I started thinking of a new way for it to work. I wanted more visual feedback. When I pressed the Woodwind group button, it hid all the libraries in Cubase but the library buttons still showed their on state. So I programmed the Woodwind group button to set the library buttons to the off state. Now I want the group button to be turned off when the last library button is turned off. Maybe this is too much detail...hahaha.

The custom buttons didn't seem to be the best choice with some actions so I checked out the Switch and Pad arrays. Switches set up as radio buttons are cool so I learned how to use them, especially being as you don't really have to worry too much about spacing and button sizing. I started to think about setting up buttons that were blank and when I touched them in an 'edit mode', it activated them. Then I wanted to set up an Alpha and Numeric keypads to give buttons a title when I activate them. I don't want to keep opening up the Lemur Editor. I realise it may be a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun getting it to work.

Thanks for the link on concatenating strings but that info was from years ago and I think it's a lot easier concatenating strings with the + command.

schoko

Post by schoko » 14 Oct 2017 06:52

Hi nigel, i have started, long ago, develop a template to control and load instrument groups in kontakt, if you pm me your email i can send you what i have achieved so far..
It is far away from finished, and the purpose of it is mainly to browse / select group or individual instruments in kontakt via tablet..