Script editor

Send us your feedback or ask for features.
PlasmaBubble
Script editor

Post by PlasmaBubble » 15 Oct 2014 10:26

Working all day in an "modern" development environment with colors, IntelliSense, refactoring...etc, I have a hard time in the evening writing any script in Lemur Editor (on Windows) :? .

So here a list of improvements I would really like to have in Lemur (I know some items may have been mentioned in other posts but consider it as a renting +1 ;) ):

1 - fix the "Begin" / "End" keys ... really ! each time I use this in Lemur it is like receiving a slap in the face and for my life I can't quit using those keys)
2 - refine the "Undo" function because sometime it doesn't work at all and sometime it reverts to a 10 minutes old script version...
3 - allow common key alternatives for copy/cut/paste like ( Ctrl+Ins/Shift+Ins /Shift+Del)
4 - fix the tab key (i like indented code): it adds two tabs instead of one
5 - scroll the script when selecting text with the keyboard ( Shift+Arrows) and the caret moves out of view.
6 - allow some customization (like editor font selection or at least the font size)

Related to the editor, because sometime you think the focus is in the editor and you start typing (backspace or delete or Arrow keys) but the focus was in the object view or list :
7 - use a strong visual fx to show if the script window is active or not (change background color ?)
8 - just in case add a confirmation message box before deleting objects
(Current project is Nord Drum 2 Template with sysex feedback)

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Script editor

Post by ndivuyo » 01 Nov 2014 03:35

+100 to #2
If I make a mistake in script, it's usually bye bye to a chunk of my code if I press undo.
That's why I save my project very often haha

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 04 Nov 2014 17:28

2 - refine the "Undo" function because sometime it doesn't work at all and sometime it reverts to a 10 minutes old script version...
This, sometimes I want to undo something in a script and it deletes an entire object, vice versa... Also, this is another case for cascading error notification icons. If something nested gets screwed up by a faulty undo, atleast we can see it: https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4489
fix the tab key (i like indented code): it adds two tabs instead of one
This is another annoyance. Also, when I highlight a block of code, and hit tab, i want to add an indent to that block, not replace it with a tab. Vice versa, if i highlight a block and hit shift tab, i want to remove one level of indent.

docam

Post by docam » 04 Feb 2017 19:24

Text editor is really a pain (in particular Home/End keys), light green comments isn't fair (unreadable), and... copy/paste from script to another. Also cut/paste (Ctrl+X / Ctrl+V) inside same script doesn't work. Liine, thanks to fix this!

Lemur is a fantastic app (for my iPad 3), but the Lemur Editor (Windows version) SUCKS !

Many bugfixes are requested since long time here => hey Liine guys, WAKE UP !!! :!: :!: :!: