FR: play mode 8x8 matrix push style

Connect with the LiveControl 2 community.
jeblo
FR: play mode 8x8 matrix push style

Post by jeblo » 05 Jun 2013 21:48

I know LC2 != Lemur. There are much more possibilities Lemur can offer. However I own an iPad, a Maschine and I don't want to spend another 500 bucks for "another" Controller. The one and only reason I bought Lemur was to have a "Push-Clone"

apart from the sequencer (which I already have using LiveControl 1 / TouchOSC) the "Push-style" play-mode was the main reason to buy a 45 € app to replace the brilliant Touchable.
However LC2 has a 7x7 matrix only (not 8x8, as Push). I can adjust the offsets, but it seems I can't replicate the magic that Ableton delivered with Push. The offsets just don't match and plenty of scales are missing.

Lemur is still only 1/10 of a Push, that's true, but it's still 45 bucks I could have saved for a Push and go on with Touchable and/or LC1.
Has this been done for legal reasons or because of the pad size? Else I'd like to request a 8x8 matrix with Push-style offsets.

I'm sorry, I believe you've spent mush time and passion into the development of LC2. But I'm a little bit disappointed, tbh.

Softcore
Regular

Re: FR: play mode 8x8 matrix push style

Post by Softcore » 06 Jun 2013 06:08

I dont know what you are after but what I get here is the amount of pads dynamically changing (and not being strictly 7x7 or 8x8) according to the scale I select. With chromatic you get way more than 8x8 pads. I can't comment on usability, opposed to push, as I havent played - tried one, Im just saying its not strictly 7x7.

BTW, though this may seem like a "weird" suggestion....how persistent can you be in having a Lemur - push clone and save those 500 bucks? Because you CAN design - code a push clone in Lemur. In fact a user has already done so!

jeblo

Re: FR: play mode 8x8 matrix push style

Post by jeblo » 06 Jun 2013 18:56

rule #1: no alcohol when posting on message boards.
so I have to apologize.

Push uses 4ths/2nds offset, which is of course available in LC2.
And 7x7 to 8x8 really doesn't make a difference.

Now back to dive into LC2 and Lemur