Put pieces of livecontrol 2 into my lemur setup

Connect with the LiveControl 2 community.
aubford
Put pieces of livecontrol 2 into my lemur setup

Post by aubford » 05 Jun 2013 04:16

Is it possible to take just the clip launching page and the sequencer and transplant it into my own lemur setup?

daveramseymusic

Re: Put pieces of livecontrol 2 into my lemur setup

Post by daveramseymusic » 30 Jul 2013 01:12

I've been working on this myself. I want to DJ from my iphone. I've erased things step by step to make sure everything still runs. I just cant figure out how to add my own knobs and buttons then connect them to ableton with midi or osc. any suggestions?

SBPBK

Post by SBPBK » 28 Sep 2013 13:05

I am trying to do a similar thing, except personally I am looking to isolate the "Device Control" portion, which would allow me to control the configured mappings of my plugins, which I save in my racks. Excellent for quick sound design and tweaking.

The issue we're all going to have is that the python scripting for LiveControl2 has a lot of bigger picture elements in the scripting that seem to rely on all of the content of the Lemur template to be there for everything with the mapping to work properly... Seems there are some sort of SysEx messages that look for different parts of the template in order to send information (names, current parameter states, etc) to and from Ableton. I've tried to delete parts of the template as well as removing a few of the .pyc files from the MIDI remote script folder and despite being able to delete a few minor details here and there, I've been unable to isolate one single part of the template.

I found a site that has all the python files decoded: https://github.com/gluon/AbletonLive9_R ... ontrol_2_0

and ST8, the guy who made live control, has some info on the LiveAPI on his website: http://livecontrol.q3f.org/ableton-liveapi/resources/

Sadly, my python knowledge is too limited to to be able to single-handedly edit the scripts. Therefore, I continue to scour the internets in hopes of learning more and eventually finding a solution. :mrgreen:

It is obvious that portions of the script are more of a "parent" or "whole-template" oriented, whereas others are for the particular elements of the template. If there would be someone who could tell us which parts of the python script are necessary on this "parent" level, that might help us know what we're able to delete and get us going in the right direction. OR if anyone can point us in the right direction with editing down the python scripting (like what SysEx stuff to remove, what declarations are made at the parent level that would need to be included in the scripts for the separate lower level parts/elements/devices) for the separate elements so they work without the other portions of the script, that would be excellent.

Cheers

Psyk

Post by Psyk » 06 Oct 2013 19:53

aubford wrote:Is it possible to take just the clip launching page and the sequencer and transplant it into my own lemur setup?

Maybe it would be easier if you import your own setup into LiveControl, save your set up interface, and import it into LC interface window.