LiveControl 2.0 released

Connect with the LiveControl 2 community.
Resist
Re: LiveControl 2.0 released

Post by Resist » 04 Jun 2013 16:49

nick_liine wrote:
Resist wrote:Just downloaded and installed following the setup guide but nothing seems to work. It appears to be connected as there is now a blue box in ableton for clip launch . Must be overlooking something. Any suggestions? Can't wait to get back from work to investigate properly.
Make sure you have the proper input and outputs setup in Lemur Settings page, as well as in Ableton MIDI Sync Control Surface settings.
So got home and didnt set up an ad hoc network,instead just connected over wifi.it works but as soon as I try to create a network and link that way back to nothing. It actually seems to be receiving signal just not sending it.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 04 Jun 2013 18:16

Finally set it up and tried it, its a well thought out surface! The modulate page is full of surprises! And the step sequencer? Amazing...Actually the whole thing has made me really rethink and possibly re-arrange my set up in order to include Live Control 2 into it.

cereyanlimusiki

Post by cereyanlimusiki » 04 Jun 2013 21:57

Just purchased Lemur and installed LiveControl 2.

Unfortunately I can not make sequencer page work.

I use

iPad 2 with latest iOS ( 6.1.2 )
Mac OS X 10.8.3

I used automatic installer for LiveControl 2

Can somebody help ?

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 04 Jun 2013 22:09

cereyanlimusiki wrote:Just purchased Lemur and installed LiveControl 2.

Unfortunately I can not make sequencer page work.

I use

iPad 2 with latest iOS ( 6.1.2 )
Mac OS X 10.8.3

I used automatic installer for LiveControl 2

Can somebody help ?
To open a MIDI clip in the Sequencer page, tap the Select button on the Launch page. All MIDI clips will turn bright, tap the clip you want to edit. This will change the view to the Sequencer page with that clip loaded.

mikeosta

Post by mikeosta » 05 Jun 2013 01:05

24hrs in and loving it!
just one pretty annoying issue cant seem to work out...

lc2 works perfectly over adhoc (albeit a little latency) but cant get it to work with alesis io dock for the life of me.
selected both midi ports in setting as dock; and followed same steps with ableton midi preferences but lc2 and live wont sync.
it sends some messages and the play page seems to work but the clips wont appear...like live isnt propely syncing/sending out messages.

any ideas? thanks in advance!

wurlt01
Regular

Post by wurlt01 » 05 Jun 2013 01:06

Is it possible to run 2 instances of live control 2. Am I correct in that it just the remote script. or is there stuff hidden in windows folder. I was wonder since it didn't work till I added loop be port 1 and 2. All my loop midi ports have custom names.

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 05 Jun 2013 07:26

mikeosta wrote:24hrs in and loving it!
just one pretty annoying issue cant seem to work out...

lc2 works perfectly over adhoc (albeit a little latency) but cant get it to work with alesis io dock for the life of me.
selected both midi ports in setting as dock; and followed same steps with ableton midi preferences but lc2 and live wont sync.
it sends some messages and the play page seems to work but the clips wont appear...like live isnt propely syncing/sending out messages.

any ideas? thanks in advance!
If Alesis blocks sysex messages then there's your problem! Apparently, LC2 also uses lots of sysex messages! ;)

@wurlt01 I dont know why you have gotten the idea it needs any specific midi ports. Mine works with Loop30

Tajnost

Post by Tajnost » 05 Jun 2013 11:43

... there's one weird thing about the sequencer: then I work with drum racks or Impulse and sequencer in LC2 on the sequencer page there's the whole Piano Roll (not only 8 notes for related to drum sounds ), and it's very uncomfortable, you should waste your time to locate those notes and they usually are on different locations at the PIano Roll (so you need to scroll a lot to put your hands on the snare drum after you finished with kick )

it makes drum programming in LC2 useless
is there a fix for that?

I believe it's the same with the "Play" page, not only the Sequencer...

Cbeeching

Post by Cbeeching » 05 Jun 2013 12:42

Exciting! Had to be released the week I'm away with work (and therefore away from my desktop PC with Ableton on it!!). Is there anyway I can just download the Lemur patch so I can have a look at the layout on my Ipad now, or will it only load up when connected to the machine? Either way I know what I'm doing this weekend!!

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 05 Jun 2013 17:03

Tajnost wrote:... there's one weird thing about the sequencer: then I work with drum racks or Impulse and sequencer in LC2 on the sequencer page there's the whole Piano Roll (not only 8 notes for related to drum sounds ), and it's very uncomfortable, you should waste your time to locate those notes and they usually are on different locations at the PIano Roll (so you need to scroll a lot to put your hands on the snare drum after you finished with kick )

it makes drum programming in LC2 useless
is there a fix for that?

I believe it's the same with the "Play" page, not only the Sequencer...
just use Chromatic mode when you're using the sequencer and the drums work just fine for drum rack for me.