Griid connecting error Vista 64-bit

Solve problems with help from fellow users and Liine's Support team.

Griid connecting error Vista 64-bit

Postby Redmundial » 13 Dec 2010 13:58

Hi Guys

I've been fiddling around with getting the ad-hoc net up and running all day and have finally managed to get both my iphone 3GS and laptop connected. The issue there (might help someone else) was that the 3G signal on the 3GS was interfering with the ad-hoc network, so I switched it to airplane mode and then switched wifi back on and after a few seconds it connected ok....however, after following all of the steps i got an error when opening griid connector stating "this application failed to start because dnssd.dll was not found, Re-installing the application may fix this problem". I followed the advice there and re-installed, then i downloaded the exe aain and tried again and this error persists. Now, the connector does appear, so I then open Live Intro 8.0.9 and then go to my iphone and try to auto connect and manual connect several times and it fails.

So, its not working, i think it may be a problem with griid connector as the maxlive window shows 2 more errors:
- no midi driver folder or default driver
- error 126 loadin external oscbonjour

Well there you have it. I know its a but long winded but I know that sometimes 1 little thing left out can be the key. I really hope you can help me out, id sincerely love to get this going and of course get on to the full version too :-)

Thanks guys

Eddie
Redmundial

Re: Griid connecting error Vista 64-bit

Postby nick_liine » 17 Dec 2010 04:47

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like Bonjour was not installed, or there was an error when installing it. Try to download Bonjour Print Services from the following link:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

Once downloaded, install the package. That should solve the oscbonjour issue. Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Nick
nick_liine
Liine Staff

Postby jcardot » 15 Jan 2011 03:49

I'm having exactly the same problem with Windows 7 at 64-bit...

I installed bonjour, but the Max window still says "no midi driver folder or default driver".

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, doing it as administrator, as well as XP compatibility to no avail.

Frustration!!! For $16 I thought I'd be running out of the box.

Jason
jcardot

Postby nick_liine » 22 Jan 2011 12:57

jcardot wrote:I'm having exactly the same problem with Windows 7 at 64-bit...

I installed bonjour, but the Max window still says "no midi driver folder or default driver".

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, doing it as administrator, as well as XP compatibility to no avail.

Frustration!!! For $16 I thought I'd be running out of the box.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting in touch. Don't worry about the "no midi driver folder or default driver" message. Can you please tell me exactly what error message you're getting on or device? Which version of Ableton Live are you using?

Thanks,
Nick
nick_liine
Liine Staff

Postby Salvinorino » 02 Nov 2012 21:35

I have the same situation here.
Windows 7 64 bits, Griid Pro, firewall off, bonjour ok

Communication between Griid and Ableton Live could not be established.
Check the MIDI settings in Ableton Live and Griid Connector.
Salvinorino

Postby Salvinorino » 02 Nov 2012 21:37

more data:

No midi driver folder or default driver
oscbonjour (mDNS for maxmsp) version 0.1 alpha
binding to port 8200
miidi_bomesportexists griid0000 : yes.
miidi_bomesportexists griid0001 : yes.
outhandle:2b0
inhandle:2b8
method bringtofront called on invalid object
Salvinorino

Postby Salvinorino » 02 Nov 2012 22:23

I followed every step literally. I'm in another country without my macbook. Please, i have a performance in 7 hours. Give me a hand.

PD: Excuse my english, is not my first language.
Salvinorino

Return to Support