Kapture Pad and Lion (the solution here)

Solve problems with help from fellow users and Liine's Support team.

Kapture Pad and Lion (the solution here)

Postby marino_liine » 05 Oct 2011 15:39

Hi Guys,

First and foremost we want to apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.
There is indeed a bug with Lion - the good news is that we have an easy fix.

Thanks for your patience - The good news is that we have spotted the problem and we have a solution.

Please follow these steps carefully.
- Quit Ableton Live.
- Navigate to Applications/Live 8.x.x/
- Find the Ableton Live icon inside that folder and right click it or ctrl+click it.
- A drop down menu should appear, select "Show Package Contents" it is the second option starting from the top.
- A new window will pop up. Navigate to Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/
- Scroll down and rename the "Kapture_Pad" folder to "KapturePadLion"
- Now launch the Kapture Pad Connector.
- Open Ableton Live and set your MIDI/Sync preferences to:
Control Surface: KapturePadLion
Input: KapturePad
Output: KapturePad
- Launch Kapture Pad from your iPad.

We are working on a new installer that will fix this problems ASAP.
Thanks a lot for your patience.

Best regards,
Marino.
marino_liine
Regular

Re: Kapture Pad and Lion (the solution here)

Postby skyedrummer » 21 Oct 2011 00:16

Can't seem to open my stored presets after trying this fix
skyedrummer

Postby marino_liine » 21 Oct 2011 12:29

Hi skyedrummer,

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please send me your Log.txt to support@liine.net?

OS X
/Users/"your username"/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 8.x.x/Log.txt

Windows XP/Vista/
C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\Application Data\Ableton\Live\Preferences

Windows 7
C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 8.x.x\Preferences

Cheers,
Marino.
marino_liine
Regular

Postby skyedrummer » 14 Nov 2011 23:07

The only way I can get this software to work is by re-installing it time and time again, even then it randomly refuses to load my saved banks. Renaming the scripts folder just leaves the app on the ipad with a constant 'loading' screen.

Also, your instructions aren't really clear eg. The script folder has an underscore between words 'Kapture_Pad' in osx, which is not really what you have posted here. Plus you suggest we then start up griid, I had assumed you meant Kapture Pad, but there is enough there for confusion.

I think we are overdue for an updated installer or much clearer instructions on how to rename the folder. Perhaps any saved banks should have their folder renamed as well?
skyedrummer

Postby marino_liine » 16 Nov 2011 16:50

Hi skyedrummer,

Thanks a lot for the heads up - I am really sorry for any confusion this may have caused, I already fixed it. It's been pretty hectic in here over the past weeks.

I have spoken to the boys and we are going to work on a new installer for Griid and Kapture Pad tomorrow. The stored banks won't work because the Library is hidden in Lion.
Once we release the new installer rest assured that they will work.

Again my sincere apologies - Thanks for your patience and understanding. :)

Cheers,
Marino.
marino_liine
Regular

Postby skyedrummer » 31 Jan 2012 14:41

Ok, any news on a new installer guys? been a couple of months now. even if your maybe developing a new app altogether it would still be good to have a working version of this one to get on with.

Best
skyedrummer

Postby foursided » 20 Feb 2012 04:28

Yeah, nearly four months after stating that a new installer will be released and no installer kind of makes it seem like the app is being given up on? That would be a shame, there is nothing out there that can seemingly do what this does. Perhaps I should give the M4L version a go? Does that work better?
foursided

Postby marino_liine » 20 Feb 2012 18:02

Hi foursided,

I understand your side, we are rebuilding all the Kapture Pad and Griid installers to look sharp and be flawless. Lately it has been quite hectic and we have had to do some extreme multitasking. I sincerely thank you for your patience.

Please take my word when I say that the installer should be ready by the beginning of next month, end of the current one.

Cheers,
Marino.
marino_liine
Regular

Postby skyedrummer » 19 Mar 2012 11:27

Guys, I really think you have confused the words 'update' and 'upgrade', we could really have done with an 'update' that meant we could use the software with the new operating system instead of what I believe is going to be an 'upgrade' with loads of new features you have thought up since the last one. Personally I could have waited as long as need be for the upgrade if it meant having software that worked with the new OS (Lion).

This is great software and as a result I integrated it into my live set up, due to the fact that it no longer works reliably with stored banks I simply have had to find another way to do my live performance, if I have to wait any longer for the next version of this, it's likely I won't need it!

Can we have 'updates' to keep the software working and 'upgrades' (even paid ones) when you have some new features for us?

I really hope its soon!
skyedrummer

Postby marino_liine » 19 Mar 2012 14:40

Hi skyedrummer,

Sorry to hear about this. Please get in touch with me at support@liine.net and i'll do my best to get you sorted out.

Kind regards,
Marino.
marino_liine
Regular

Return to Support