Simple drawing program help

Canvas specific discussion
oldgearguy
Regular
Re: Simple drawing program help

Post by oldgearguy » 03 Mar 2015 16:05

latest (and probably last) iteration of this thing. This version allows you to draws lines of up to 256 points each. As an added bonus, after drawing a few lines, click on the color pad where the line width value is displayed. :o

I think I have a kludgy way to stitch together 256 point segments to create the appearance of one longer line, but for this demo, what's here should be fun enough.

I wanted to do a whole canvas fade out to black, but the best I could do was fade the last line drawn, which wasn't nearly as cool looking.
Attachments
draw_mem.jzml
latest iteration
(54.79KiB)Downloaded 391 times

oldgearguy
Regular

Re: Simple drawing program help

Post by oldgearguy » 04 Mar 2015 11:00

In case people are browsing around for examples of various techniques, I should mention that this program, even though it doesn't do anything with MIDI or OSC, does show a method for storing and retrieving values using Monitor objects (which can be found and sequenced using findobject() and related calls after building up the name dynamically from a string or counter) versus variables (which can't be sequenced without hardcoding). It also shows one way to use a MIDI clock to control playback speed of something you want to automate.

It also contains some Canvas stuff and given that it's my first attempt, may not be the most shining example...