LiveControl dropdown is BLANK... help!

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
iasseo
LiveControl dropdown is BLANK... help!

Post by iasseo » 29 Dec 2010 22:25

I just installed TouchOSC and LiveControl (Mac snow leopard, Live 8.2.1) -- I first opened LiveControl (before I installed everything else) and I have the dropdowns working and could select my MIDI ports and everything, but after I went through all of the steps, loading my iPad etc. and then tried launching LiveControl again, the dropdown menus became blank... I tried deleting and recopying the application, restarting my computer, enabling all of my fonts... nothing helped...

One thing I did was installing LiveControll Installer but in the wrong directory, and then I ran the uninstaller... maybe that messed things up?

I still can't get my OSC controller to sync with Live, (I see the correct midi stuff in the settings) and I'm assuming it's related to this strange issue... can anyone PLEASE HELP??

kevin_jazz

Re: LiveControl dropdown is BLANK... help!

Post by kevin_jazz » 30 Dec 2010 04:24

I have the same problem (see my earlier post). I'm hoping this will attract the attention of the developer.

Kevin

iasseo

Post by iasseo » 31 Dec 2010 01:27

Just read your post. Seems to be the same issue. And I'm getting the piano sound on my drum pads as well. I'm suspecting it has to do with the fact we're both on osx 10.6.4 and live 8.2.1since the Guy who got the drum pads working is running tiger ... the strange thing is that I was able to see the text at first. It was only after I ran the installation script that I lost it.

Any insights from anyone would be much appreciated. Btw everything else is amazing.

-i

kevin_jazz

Post by kevin_jazz » 31 Dec 2010 03:57

iasseo wrote:Just read your post. Seems to be the same issue. And I'm getting the piano sound on my drum pads as well. I'm suspecting it has to do with the fact we're both on osx 10.6.4 and live 8.2.1since the Guy who got the drum pads working is running tiger ... the strange thing is that I was able to see the text at first. It was only after I ran the installation script that I lost it.

Any insights from anyone would be much appreciated. Btw everything else is amazing.

-i
I should add that I had the same experience with seeing the text at first and then disappearing after installation.
So, this problem appears to be a 10.6.4 issue. I don't think the version of Ableton is relevant.

ST8 help?

Kevin

dulla

Post by dulla » 04 Jan 2011 18:00

Hello. I am running os 10.6.3 with Live 8.1.4. Everything seems to be working except I am getting a piano sound as well. Extremely annoying. Anyone find the solution to this?? Any help would be much appreciated.

dulla

Post by dulla » 04 Jan 2011 18:21

I guess I posted too soon.. Threephasegroove had a solution to the piano problem with works:

"I can't believe it, but I actually figured it out. In the LiveControl application, change the Midi Port to "from LiveControl 2", then change your input in Ableton Midi Preferences to "input from LiveControl 2" to "on". For some reason, the script in the Preferences file (under user "library") lists the AU DLS Synth 1, this is the reason why you get the funny little piano playing, even if Ableton isn't running (along with no Midi communication from the pads/keys).

It worked for me, hopefully it will work for others."

Hope this helps. Cheers.

mosfran

Post by mosfran » 05 Jan 2011 19:25

As simple as that!

Thank you very much Dulla and Threephasegroove

kevin_jazz

Post by kevin_jazz » 06 Jan 2011 06:56

dulla wrote:I guess I posted too soon.. Threephasegroove had a solution to the piano problem with works:

"I can't believe it, but I actually figured it out. In the LiveControl application, change the Midi Port to "from LiveControl 2", then change your input in Ableton Midi Preferences to "input from LiveControl 2" to "on". For some reason, the script in the Preferences file (under user "library") lists the AU DLS Synth 1, this is the reason why you get the funny little piano playing, even if Ableton isn't running (along with no Midi communication from the pads/keys).

It worked for me, hopefully it will work for others."

Hope this helps. Cheers.

I would do that if I could actually see Midiport selection in LiveControl. In 10.6.4 it seems it wipes out the LiveControl screen.
:cry:

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 21 Jan 2011 12:22

kevin: see your thread
others:
au synth = default mac synth = piano sound
you need to select the from LiveControl 1 port and enable that in ableton to get midi control