network host ok, layout not so much

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
meneldor
network host ok, layout not so much

Post by meneldor » 11 Nov 2010 21:43

Hi!
I think I've read every peace of documentation on LiveControl, TouchOSC and Osculator now, but still I'm none the wiser.
I've set up my iPad with my MacBook with an Ad-hoc wireless connection, and I get the network to function, TouchOSC sends data to Osculator OK. And when I have the LiveControl app open, I see it as a host on the iPad as well.
But when I try to synch the iPad and TouchOSC editor, No hosts are found. What is this? What do I dooooo? Any help is truly appreciated!

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Re: network host ok, layout not so much

Post by st8_livecontrol » 23 Nov 2010 13:26

Do you have the very latest TouchOSC editor from hexler.net?

meneldor

Post by meneldor » 23 Nov 2010 13:36

yeah, 1.4.1.
Am I the only one with this issue? Really strange since my setup is pretty standard, with a two month old macbook pro and everything. Ideas?
by the way, I also have steppolyarp on the iPad, working like a charm.

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 23 Nov 2010 14:07

ive had this a couple of times where the editor wont appear in touchosc, the only thing i found that fixed it was a reboot. although ive no idea why that worked!

meneldor

Post by meneldor » 23 Nov 2010 15:22

whaddayouknow!
When I tried again now, it all worked out. So weird, I tried for a week the last time with no luck, now everything worked. Can't get the keys and drums panels to work though, but I've heard that is a common issue, I'll google around a bit for that.

discoselector

Post by discoselector » 30 Dec 2010 20:52

same problem for me.... :(

stevedo

Post by stevedo » 07 Jan 2011 11:15

And exactly the same problem for me. I have no trouble whatsoever getting TouchOsc to communicate with Osculator - the host shows up fine. But getting Touch Osc to communicate with TouchOsc Editor to add a template just doesn't work. I've tried every conceivable thing - ad hoc and router included.

I'm on OSX 10.6, and everything is up to date including latest TouchOsc Editor.

Perhaps, as this seems to be a persistent problem, an update could be released that includes LiveControl as one of the stock templates?

It's a shame, because Livecontrol looks brilliant.

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 21 Jan 2011 12:18

stevedo wrote:And exactly the same problem for me. I have no trouble whatsoever getting TouchOsc to communicate with Osculator - the host shows up fine. But getting Touch Osc to communicate with TouchOsc Editor to add a template just doesn't work. I've tried every conceivable thing - ad hoc and router included.

I'm on OSX 10.6, and everything is up to date including latest TouchOsc Editor.

Perhaps, as this seems to be a persistent problem, an update could be released that includes LiveControl as one of the stock templates?

It's a shame, because Livecontrol looks brilliant.
what error message are you getting, is it timing out when uploading the template or does the host not appear at all?

hgt

Post by hgt » 07 Feb 2011 21:54

i think the problem is touch osc editor.
i have had trouble opening community layouts as well as editing the livecontrol layout.
it is easy to do a layout from scratch in touch osc editor but as soon as you try to open and edit existing layouts your fucked.
i like the stock layout for logic and the functionality of the livecontrol for ableton.
sadly it is impossible to merge that :(