No feedback to TouchOSC

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
stevemack
No feedback to TouchOSC

Post by stevemack » 07 Nov 2010 23:21

Hey guys,

I am able to launch clips with TouchOSC over LiveControl, but TouchOSC doesn't seem to receive anything back from Ableton/LiveControl (no clip names show up, etc.). Are there any additional steps necessary that were not noted in the installation guide? I'm running Ableton Live 8.1 on Vista and an iPad.

Also, what is the best way to map controls in TouchOSC to Ableton via LiveControl? Is it somehow possible to use Ableton's midi mapping?

Great work guys, keep it up!

Thanks

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Re: No feedback to TouchOSC

Post by st8_livecontrol » 12 Nov 2010 18:39

Running a firewall of any description?

gums

Post by gums » 06 Dec 2010 23:04

Hi i have this problem too.
Running touchosc editor 1.4
Live 8.1 (will update to 8.2 tomorrow)
The thing is when I upload the ipad template it doesn't have "clip" written but just blank boxes. Could this be something to do with it? In your examples "clip" or "scene 1" is written in the boxes.

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 13 Dec 2010 10:19

Are you getting an error message when you select the control surface like "cannot bind to incoming ip / port" ? or is it just not updating? If it cant bind something else is running on those ports, if its the second then its probably a firewall interfearing.

simulcast

Post by simulcast » 22 Dec 2010 06:18

Hi,
I have this problem too.
I can trigger clips with Live Control (and I get the red rectangle) but there is no 2 way feedback back to my phone (ie. no clip/track names etc...)
I have no error messages.
The only thing I can't seem to do is sync from TouchOSC Editor anymore.
I'm using Live Suite 8.2 and the latest versions of everything...
I've tried using IP addresses, and changing the ports, firewall is turned off too...no luck.
Sooooo close to getting this working, any suggestions?
Awesome software btw :)

simulcast

Post by simulcast » 22 Dec 2010 11:21

Ok...I've solved this for me.
My problem was with the ad-hoc network settings I had.
I could get it working with both devices connected to the same wi-fi, but not ad-hoc.
I thought I was supposed to manually set an IP address for the ad-hoc, in the end I went with DCHP and made sure my phone was using the same protocol...that fixed the 2-way communication.
Can't get the drum pads and keys to play anything other than piano, but I've seen plenty of threads about that...should be able to get it working :)
Thanks again...this is a great interface!
much love
-sim-

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 21 Jan 2011 12:27

simulcast wrote:Ok...I've solved this for me.
My problem was with the ad-hoc network settings I had.
I could get it working with both devices connected to the same wi-fi, but not ad-hoc.
I thought I was supposed to manually set an IP address for the ad-hoc, in the end I went with DCHP and made sure my phone was using the same protocol...that fixed the 2-way communication.
Can't get the drum pads and keys to play anything other than piano, but I've seen plenty of threads about that...should be able to get it working :)
Thanks again...this is a great interface!
much love
-sim-
piano sound = au synth selected in the LiveControl.app/exe
you need to select from LiveControl (or a midi yoke port on windows) and enable that port in ableton

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 21 Jan 2011 12:28

stevemack wrote:Hey guys,

I am able to launch clips with TouchOSC over LiveControl, but TouchOSC doesn't seem to receive anything back from Ableton/LiveControl (no clip names show up, etc.). Are there any additional steps necessary that were not noted in the installation guide? I'm running Ableton Live 8.1 on Vista and an iPad.

Also, what is the best way to map controls in TouchOSC to Ableton via LiveControl? Is it somehow possible to use Ableton's midi mapping?

Great work guys, keep it up!

Thanks
can you try updating the 8.2.1? livecontrol doenst work properly with 8.1 (it requires at least 8.1.4)