Still waiting for LiveControl 9.1 compatibility!

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
kpmc
Regular
Still waiting for LiveControl 9.1 compatibility!

Post by kpmc » 22 Dec 2013 18:02

Very poor performance Liine!

When will LiveControl be updated to work with Live 9.1? First the extraordinary delay for the initial release, now this. At this rate 9.2 will be released and we'll have to go through the same delays and disappointments again.

I'm going over to TouchAble 2.0 very soon at this rate. Such a good app, such a shame you're blowing it. Very disappointed!
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

popskull

Re: Still waiting for LiveControl 9.1 compatibility!

Post by popskull » 24 Dec 2013 05:32

Ok - it wasn't just me then - I was fiddling around with this all afternoon. Waiting on a fix as well :(

mism

Post by mism » 24 Dec 2013 11:28

As reported here:
http://livecontrol.q3f.org/livecontrol2/

LiveControl 2 is not working with Live 9.1 and this problem has been first reported on Oct. 3rd with live beta 18 on liine forum.
http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3507

On Nov. 25th liine officially said that an update is in the works on liine forum.
http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3690

It may take liine longer to provide an update than others (NI, etc.) for maybe certain understandable reasons thats just fine, but it would be helpful for users of LiveControl 2 to know this before experiencing this by themselves when trying to get LC 2 working with 9.1. This can be time consuming and frustrating.

An early, official statement from liine here and/or on @liine.net would be so simple and sooo useful... and in the end it would avoid frustrated and pissed people shouting at them. It´s just that easy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and new important info!

New beta (22nd Dec.) from Ableton on the way with an important information about future compatibilty for remote scripts:

From Ableton (bugfix):
"Live would allow to trigger changes from notifications via the Python
API. This could lead to problems with Live’s Undo history or even to
crashes and is no longer allowed. Note that this change might affect
compatibility with 3rd party control surface scripts. If you’re using a
3rd party script, i.e. a control surface script that is not natively
supported by Ableton, and it does not work with Live 9.1.1b3 anymore,
please contact the manufacturer of the script
."

This is a unfortunate situation, but it is like it is. Please liine, take notice and react smarter this time. Hopefully all will be good soon.

mism

Post by mism » 25 Dec 2013 13:55

http://livecontrol.q3f.org/livecontrol2/
ST8 −The 9.1 fix is done, should be out soon! The above is unrelated, but i need to check if it might cause any other problems
Great to hear!
Thanks ST8 ;)

pbolger

Post by pbolger » 26 Dec 2013 01:33

Good stuff! It'd be interesting to know exactly what happened here. It looks like Liine, a commercial enterprise, got themselves stuck in between Ableton, a much bigger commercial enterprise and Stu Fisher's tiny ROYGBV. Let's hope Liine adequately compensated Stu for saving their ass!

audioramdam

Post by audioramdam » 26 Dec 2013 17:47

Hi,
i just received the good news : LiveControl update 2.1 supposed to be compatible with Live 9.1.
Seems that this update doesn't work on my Live 9.1 on Mac.
Manually installed as explained in the read me text.
I restarted the computer, the ipad and Lemur 4.1.2, verified the midi preferences LiveControl
doesn't communicate...
help !

mism

Post by mism » 26 Dec 2013 20:25

audioramdam wrote:Hi,
i just received the good news : LiveControl update 2.1 supposed to be compatible with Live 9.1.
Seems that this update doesn't work on my Live 9.1 on Mac.
Manually installed as explained in the read me text.
I restarted the computer, the ipad and Lemur 4.1.2, verified the midi preferences LiveControl
doesn't communicate...
help !
Are you talking about LiveControl 2.1 or newest update 2.12?

I just installed 2.12 as suggested manually, also midi preferences is fine. Using also latest .jzml 2.12 on my iPad,
connection is fine, but I can´t get LiveControl 2.12 working with Live 9.1 on mac osx 10.8.5.

Anyone got latest LiveControl 2.12 running with Live 9.1? :?

dustbg

Post by dustbg » 29 Dec 2013 18:58

^ Same here but with MacOS 10.9.1

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 01 Jan 2014 13:16

Oh yes ! Tanks liine ! Livecontrol 2 work again with live 9.1 ! Great job and happy new year !

audioramdam

Post by audioramdam » 04 Jan 2014 12:54

Doesn't work !
OF course we can work without this tool.
But it was very efficient for Quick work, rehearsal situations...