The drumpad and keys keeps playing a piano sound

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
Daftlover
The drumpad and keys keeps playing a piano sound

Post by Daftlover » 27 Apr 2011 11:21

hi - the drumpad and keys keeps playing a piano sound not the devine I am trying to control ? how do I turn off the piano and turn on the midi control ?

VKV

Re: The drumpad and keys keeps playing a piano sound

Post by VKV » 06 May 2011 07:34

Hi Daftlover,

It seems I've got the same problem. For ST8 and others who might read this, I'll go further than Daftlover :
- whenever LiveControl is launched on the Mac and TouchOSC on the iPhone, even if Ableton Live is not launched, there is a piano sound coming throug when I use the keyboard or the Pads on TouchOSC (with the LiveControl layout)
- I can't find out where do this come from...?? and the bad point is that I can't manage to use any midi device within Ableton Live instead of that piano...

By the way, the rest of it works just fine (I haven't manage to use the XY yet, but I'm counting on it !)

A help would be more than welcome !

VKV

baronrouge

Post by baronrouge » 20 May 2011 21:29

Try changing the midi port from LiveControl1 to DLS Synth or whatever then back again. Worked for me.

bluedot

Post by bluedot » 04 Jul 2011 07:21

I'm having the same issue, and reset the midi parameters as suggested.

My drum track is sync'd to "From LiveControl1".

When I configure my midi, it looks like this. What could be wrong?

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 30 Jul 2011 08:45

In the LiveControl.app you need to make sure you've got the correct midi port selected. It sounds like youve got the default synth selected instead

ant1057

Post by ant1057 » 03 Dec 2011 15:06

Hi there, im having this problem too! I did expect it to be a midi port related problem but the issue i have is that when i open live control under the "midi port" dropdown box, livecontrol isnt there so i have to use the microsoft gs wavetable synth which is what i suspect is giving the piano sounds! How can i resolve this?

Cheers
Ant

domechomsky

Post by domechomsky » 07 May 2013 14:17

yo, this is apparently a mad old topic, but i just came across it, so i might as well share:

on the newest version of live control, just make sure you have debugger checked. weird, i have no idea why it would do that...

it must just tap into some system wide core-audio midi protocol that automatically turns midi notes into a piano sound.