Livecontrol super laggy.

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
blitsy
Livecontrol super laggy.

Post by blitsy » 06 Jun 2013 23:11

Livecontrol looks promising, but in reality it is very laggy for me. Am i expecting too much?

The 'Play' section is basically unplayable. Chords are ok, but frequently (every three chords or so) ableton misses notes and entire chords.

If i use the arpeggiator I get frequent note hangs, which requires me to uncheck the 'Arm' then recheck. Pretty useless right now for any sort of performance.

I am only running Abletons 'Analog'...no FX. No other channels. No clips.

My MBP is i7 2.9ghz 8gb RAM. I am testing it using the built in soundcard (running at 5ms latency). Load never exceeds 5%. Pretty sure its not an ableton problem. ableton version is 8.2.1

I can test it with my Saffire 14...but as the built in soundcard is barely stressed is it worth it?

Connecting to ableton with Daemon. Is this the issue? do i need a hardwired connection?

blitsy

Re: Livecontrol super laggy.

Post by blitsy » 06 Jun 2013 23:14

just noticed...i recorded a clip and it is not showing in livecontrol's launch view.

is here some issue with the communication? is there another way?

blitsy

Post by blitsy » 06 Jun 2013 23:20

in fact...nothing updating on livecontrol at all. i can play (barely), but cant select devices, or even see the ones i have in my new live set. any advice welcome.

blitsy

Post by blitsy » 06 Jun 2013 23:38

i've been a fool over the connection. with daemon running, i didn't realise that i needed a wifi connection as well. i was under the impression that daemon took care of it all.

HOWEVER. strangely...the scroll arrows on the 'launch' window play notes rather than scroll the launch view. i can scroll using the scroll bars, but the arrows play notes.

and i am still not able so see any clips, or devices.

i'll leave it at that for the night.

really looking forward to getting this working. the latency issue resolving itself has given me new confidence in the possibilities of livecontrol.

blitsy

Post by blitsy » 07 Jun 2013 00:20

last addition of the night...

after much fannying about i can now play notes (sometimes with buttons not meant to play notes)...but that is all.

faders do not work
devices do not show
fx do not show
clips do not show

hope someone can help me out.