Almost there happy beta testing

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
Melmac69
Almost there happy beta testing

Post by Melmac69 » 06 Jun 2013 12:55

Great work but still very buggy.
It feels like a beta version and for free one can hardly complain but for a stable LC2 I would be willing to pay for it.
Time is very valuable and this genius piece of work has still away to go happy beta testing!!!

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Almost there happy beta testing

Post by nick_liine » 06 Jun 2013 13:07

Hi melmac69,

Could you please let me know exactly what bugs you are finding? LC2 was extensively tested over many months.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Melmac69

Post by Melmac69 » 07 Jun 2013 01:15

Keep in mind this was trying things out with no proper manual released and my very first experience was the manual reversing the midi ports that took a couple of hours of my time. I believe that is now corrected.
When changing from one track to another I found the modulate page not updating properly, i.e. the last track you edited was lingering and when it did update (populate) if the new track had 6 parameters to modulate and the last track had 15, 6 new parameters would update and the remainder would be from the previous track.

With fader selected in modulate the bidirectional on/off is not in sync i.e turn on or off a parameter by clicking with the mouse would put the fader to the top but to turn on a parameter by using the fader you would have to slide it all the way down.

I have a bunch of random crashes still trying to figure out why but one time I went to the settings page and just by clicking on the settings button turned off Lemur and once it starts it keeps on turning off so you have to restart everything. I believe a lot of it is to do with the options page set up in Ableton seems very sensitive to clicking on sync button, track button on off , remote etc. Sometimes I would have to go to the option page in Ableton and turn on and off the particular tracks, sync and remote to get things functioning properly again.

This what I have come up with in just several hours some of which was wasted because of a setup manual not properly checked.

So at the end of the day it really isn't much that can't be fixed with future updates and my hat does go off to all that have create the next chapter in technology it's just that I do this for a living probably like most and tend to be twice shy when bitten at the launch of a new product.

I just wish iPads were bigger to pack all the options/parameters that are available and a manual, some things are not as obvious as you might think they are.

Fantastic work!!!
I will definitely be making this a big part of my setup.
Cheers

ipassenger

Post by ipassenger » 07 Jun 2013 08:40

Not sure if this a bug or a limitation but setting the mutli ball to controllers while they are moving in physics mode seems to be hit and miss.

E.g. If you have set ball 1 X to dry/wet and then set it on motion using the physics and then try and reset it X to feedback it, seems to be hit and miss as to whether it will reassign. Stopping the motion by switching to the record mode seems to allow you to set the balls X property more accurately.

So far loving it though. Found that on my Win7 machine it works much better over wifi if I connect my ipad using a VPN.

Thanks

Ross