Frequent crashes & bugs!?

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
Gg wheeler
Re: Frequent crashes & bugs!?

Post by Gg wheeler » 02 Aug 2013 03:43

So, the scrolling and arrows still work without crashing, but I found that channel 1 mute was still rogue ( I tested this with no other midi scripts going and no mappings on channel 1. Previously, I tested it with 2 midi interfaces (to computer) and isolated the problem to live control (so I thought). I didn't like the way that the irig fit (especially with a case) and I saw the iconnectmidi1. I exchanged the I rig for it and it was a lot friendlier (with a better fit). Where it used to crack out 99% wifi, 30% irig, it's now doing the mute thing 5% of the time. That's almost perfect, but when playing live if I drop a bass drum and it immediately mutes (with a split second of sound) it's not that cool. This is starting to frustrate me because I'm now 99.5% sure it's not user/ (other) gear oriented. Unless anyone else has some advice, I'm sure I just have to wait for LC2.01. I only know two other people using LC2 ( and they're out of town. Saw them at a fest and they didn't have the problems (I'm on windows 7 64, they're on Mac (we set our stuff up drastically different though).

Riverer, what OS are you on? I also did all of those things. What ipad interface are you using?

Thanks,
GG

riverer

Post by riverer » 02 Aug 2013 06:46

I'm on x64 windows 7, live suite 9.05 ( I tested it with standard and the problem still occurs).

Ipad interface is live control 2.0 over wifi.

It's a real shame, since it makes live control largely useless, if I spend more time tweaking around with crashes and un/re muting tracks I loose my work flow.

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » 03 Aug 2013 03:09

True! Nick Liine said the scroll crashing was isolated to windows 7 x64, so I think it's a windows 7 x64 issue, when I get the time I'll (or you, or Liine) try to reproduce it in x32.

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » 12 Aug 2013 03:50

The midi feedback happened again (not as often though) I isolated it to the hitting the track header on channel 2!?? Also pressing the track header has never opened the group tracks. I do have to say, even with all of the glitches on my system this is still the bomb! I have work arounds (and I use a launchpad and novation remote) and when the update comes out, I will have my ultimate setup! Liine, please don't give up! Even though I'm having problems, I've turned 2 people onto getting lemur (post LC2)!
Thanks!

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 14 Aug 2013 17:05

Crashes should be fixed now with Lemur 4.1 and LiveControl 2.1.

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 15 Aug 2013 17:32

nick_liine wrote:Crashes should be fixed now with Lemur 4.1 and LiveControl 2.1.
Sadly not. Since updating Lemur app is constantly crashing to the point of being unusable. 3 different computers, fresh/clean installs. Really wish I had not updated as it all worked well before...
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » 15 Aug 2013 23:23

kpmc wrote:
nick_liine wrote:Crashes should be fixed now with Lemur 4.1 and LiveControl 2.1.
Sadly not. Since updating Lemur app is constantly crashing to the point of being unusable. 3 different computers, fresh/clean installs. Really wish I had not updated as it all worked well before...
What OS are you on?

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » 16 Aug 2013 06:43

Awesome! Haven't delved too deep, but I updated lc2 (not lemur) and everything that was buggy is smooth!!! I still haven't figured out how to open group tracks, but it's probably me. Wifi seemed buggy, but I didn't try to hard (could be lack of lemur update! sticking with I connect for now!).
Thanks liine!

kpmc
Regular

Post by kpmc » 16 Aug 2013 10:05

Gg wheeler wrote:What OS are you on?
Mac OS X 10.8.4, Live 9.0.5.

I'm starting to suspect a network cause, don't have an iPad midi interface. Will try an ad-hoc wireless config next time I'm home.
| Water cooled, overclocked Hackintosh | M-Audio Ozonic, Scarlett 2i2, Ableton Push, Novation Launchpad, Lemur (of course!) | Ableton Live, StylusRMX |

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 16 Aug 2013 11:29

kpmc wrote:
This is very strange. Please send an email to support@liine.net with a precise description of exactly what you are doing before it crashes. Please include all OS and software versions.