Frequent crashes & bugs!?

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
Gg wheeler
Frequent crashes & bugs!?

Post by Gg wheeler » 05 Jun 2013 20:44

Is anyone else having problems with frequent crashes? I found it most recently when selecting a device in modulate. II have a hefty device chain with many songs in my set. I'm wondering if this is adding to the problem? Also, the left arrow is flashing in modulate. It makes me think there's some type of midi conflicts. Any ideas? Livecontrol 1 worked great mu was always buggy for me though.

Live9, windows 7, iPad 2, ad hoc
Last edited by Gg wheeler on 12 Jun 2013 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Frequent crashes!?

Post by nick_liine » 05 Jun 2013 21:10

Gg wheeler wrote:Is anyone else having problems with frequent crashes? I found it most recently when selecting a device in modulate. II have a hefty device chain with many songs in my set. I'm wondering if this is adding to the problem? Also, the left arrow is flashing in modulate. It makes me think there's some type of midi conflicts. Any ideas? Livecontrol 1 worked great mu was always buggy for me though.

Live9, windows 7, iPad 2, ad hoc
Make sure you are using the latest versions of Lemur Editor and the Lemur app itself (4.0.3).

If you can send me the ALS you're using to support@liine.net along with a step-by-step description of how to reproduce the crash that would be very helpful.

Melmac69

Post by Melmac69 » 06 Jun 2013 01:55

Same here .
Using PC Win 7
Ableton 64bit 9.04
Lemur 4.03
iPad 1
adhoc communication

Seems to work for a few minutes navigating around to see what is what and then Lemur shuts off.
Oneceit starts it keeps on shutting down. I will continue to try it out and hopefully be more specific.

BTW the typo on setting up should never happen that is something that is so important and a huge time waster for everyone come on ppl attention to detail at this stage of the game. An email letting everyone know should be in order!!!

All said it does look like a new chapter in technology so amazing work look forward to some of the bugs getting ironed out and becoming a hard core user!!!

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 06 Jun 2013 11:39

Please send an email to support@liine.net with the ALS that makes Lemur crash.

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 07 Jun 2013 14:31

here the same. lc2 crashes the lemur app.

ipad 2 , windows 7, live 9
already sent the als to liine support.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 07 Jun 2013 17:52

Hi guys,

I'm not able to reproduce the crash here. I suspect what's going is MIDI feedback with the virtual MIDI ports. Make sure you don't have Track Output On for the Control Surface In port. You should really have Track/Sync off for all virtual MIDI ports except the ones specified in the Setup Guide PDF.

Best,
Nicolas

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 Jun 2013 19:51

Happened to me today quite frequently....

Im sure it wasnt midi feedback going wrong because I wasnt having Live's indicators ligthing up....

WHAT I did notice was it was happening when a change in the project was done (adding a track, deleting a track) and I was not on the launch page but on the play page. Afterwards though, with the same settings, same project, same page selected in Lemur wasnt doing it. So I cannot say for sure what was causing it.

I'll investigate further when I'll have some time!

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 08 Jun 2013 14:11

tried again, with only audio track (let's say 16-17) . no other control surface, only lc2. same issue.
just scroll between track for 15s and the app crashes
have an ipad 2 wifi . windows 7 , live 9 and using virtual midi loop

Gg wheeler

Post by Gg wheeler » 09 Jun 2013 02:35

Okay, so I updated all of my programs and I started a new live set with only two tracks (using only native ableton instruments). In lemur I removed osc targets and I disabled all other midi controllers, as well as turned off all midi settings in live except the 2 live control ones. It still crashes, simply by pushing the scroll up or down button several times in a row (about 7)
Can you try doing that? I'm running out of ideas to make it more idiot proof.
-gg

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 09 Jun 2013 20:20

oh then i'm not the only one ! ;=) the arrow of the death crashes !