Not sure how to set up Live Control 2

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
icebaby
Not sure how to set up Live Control 2

Post by icebaby » 05 Jun 2013 00:26

I think I'm missing something. Is there a step by step reference video someone can link to for very slow people like myself.

I mirror the Setup Guide, I see the template on my iPad, I see a yellow "control" frame in Ableton 9, but the iPad doesn't control even the "play" function in Ableton.

I'm also not sure if there's an Ableton template I'm supposed to download. I thought Live Control 2 was supposed to mimic whichever template you had up in Ableton. I thought it would detect the clips and their names that you have like in Liine.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Not sure how to set up Live Control 2

Post by nick_liine » 05 Jun 2013 20:28

Most often, if you are not getting feedback from Ableton Live to LiveControl 2, it's one of two reasons:
- Lemur is not properly connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the laptop (or you do not have a MIDI hardware connection properly configure)
- Lemur is connected, but MIDI Target 0 is not properly configured in Lemur Settings page.

To solve this issue:
- Make sure that the Control Surface and Input/Ouput ports are correctly configured in Ableton Live / Preferences / MIDI Sync.
- Make sure that MIDI Target 0 in Lemur Settings is configured with proper ports. (i.e. can you open the Studio Combo template for example, and use it to map faders in Ableton?)
- Make sure that you are able to send a template from Lemur Editor to Lemur

Hope this helps.

Nick