LiveControl2 windows issues

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
willsanquil
LiveControl2 windows issues

Post by willsanquil » 04 Jun 2013 17:17

Hi, having issues getting LiveControl 2 working 'all the way'

Here's what I CAN do:

midi from the Play tab in LiveControl 2 is being sent to ableton.
I can launch scenes, turn channels on and off, etc.

Everything else however is either not populating or just not working. I can't see any clips, LiveControl can't see any of the live devices, etc.

Before I tried to get LC2 working I uninstalled Lemur from my computer and ipad then reinstalled with the most current version. I use MIDI Yoke for midi looping and I have tried my best to set up LiveControl as described in the Setup Guide.

The instructions for windows say to set up the Lemur Settings on the ipad as such:

MIDI Target 0 | From: Daemon Output 0 | To: Daemon Input 0

However, Daemon Output 0 and Daemon Input 0 are not options that I can select on my system. My options for Lemur In 0 are "Ipad1: session 1. Computer: Audiobox MIDI In, Desktop, In From MIDI Yoke 1 up to In From MIDI Yoke 8"

The options for Lemur Out 0 are the same, except there are 8 Out To MIDI Yoke slots. Which do I pick here??

Then the instructions have you set up the configuration in ableton...

http://i.imgur.com/g0dSxjX.png - here is a screenshot of my ableton configuration. I have IN FROM MIDI YOKE 1 and OUT TO MIDI YOKE 2 set up to mirror the Setup Guide's LoopMIDI part 1 and part 2.

The instructions then end. What is the next step after you have these things configured? is the proper method to load the LiveControl2 through the Lemur Editor, then Connect through the Lemur Connection option and it should just work??

This looks like a fantastic lemur device, can't wait to get it working ASAP :)

willsanquil

Re: LiveControl2 windows issues

Post by willsanquil » 04 Jun 2013 17:30

update - tried installing loopmidi and setting it up exactly as is depicted in your user guide but the same issue remains. It's probably something to do with the lemur target settings but I'm not sure what the right ones are. Trying everything I can think of.

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 04 Jun 2013 18:36

update 2. Installed Lemur and LiveControl on another windows machine that has live 9.0.2 (same as my main system), set it up exactly as is described in the manual again and it is a bit better, but still missing a lot of functionality.

I changed the MIDI Targets in the Lemur setting to From LoopMIDI Port 2 and To loopMIDI port 1 (instead of from port 1 and to port 2) and now I can trigger scenes, play midi notes, I can even control devices though in a limited way as the template still doesn't 'populate' with clips or device names or any of that.

It would be awesome if the manual went a bit further in explaining how to activate and use the template instead of just dropping off after the ableton configuration page :(

willsanquil

Post by willsanquil » 04 Jun 2013 18:53

ahhhhhhhhh!

IT WORKS!!

OK, so the windows manual should say MIDI Targets:

MIDI 0 FROM: LoopMIDI Port 2 TO: LoopMIDI Port 1

instead of the daemon input target or whatever is in there, looks like a copy/paste from the MAC side. I'm not exactly sure why this fixed it...but it did, so I'm going to play and be happy now.

this is sweet as hell. thanks liine, hope this thread helps out someone somewhere :) :)

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 04 Jun 2013 18:55

willsanquil wrote:ahhhhhhhhh!

IT WORKS!!

OK, so the windows manual should say MIDI Targets:

MIDI 0 FROM: LoopMIDI Port 2 TO: LoopMIDI Port 1

instead of the daemon input target or whatever is in there, looks like a copy/paste from the MAC side. I'm not exactly sure why this fixed it...but it did, so I'm going to play and be happy now.

this is sweet as hell. thanks liine, hope this thread helps out someone somewhere :) :)
Very glad to hear you've got it working! Sorry about that, indeed the manual had a typo there. Fixed and updated PDF available for download now.

myconid

Post by myconid » 04 Jun 2013 19:20

Hi got an similar/same problem over here.
Running LiveControl2 on an windows7 machine with Live9 64bit. Setting everything up like the manual said and stumbled over these non existent daemon 0 ports.
Switch it over to "From LoopMIDI Port 2 and To loopMIDI port 1". Transport and Channelstrips working fine in both directions, I can Play notes an the Play Tab, but no Clips are showing up on the Launch Page
Lemur Version is 4.0.3 Live 9.0.1 (going to update this now) Maybe i could try to hardwire the ipad over my alesis io dock with good old cables to the fireface midi ports :)

Any further Tips to make it fully work?

Melmac69

Post by Melmac69 » 06 Jun 2013 04:11

Using PC Win 7
Ableton 64bit 9.04
Lemur 4.03
iPad 1
adhoc communication

the typo on setting up should never happen that is something that is so important and a huge time waster for everyone come on ppl attention to detail at this stage of the game. An email letting everyone know should be in order!!!

All said it does look like a new chapter in technology so amazing work look forward to some of the bugs getting ironed out and becoming a hard core user!!!