to live but not from live on Windows 7 [Solved, sorta]

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
lingk
to live but not from live on Windows 7 [Solved, sorta]

Post by lingk » 03 Mar 2011 00:28

So I read threw all the post on here and well one kind of solved my issue but not 100%

so out of the box i got the ipad to send to ableton, but ableton doesn't send to the ipad.

while at work today I thought I would try on the wifi there.... did the same thing as It does at home. read some more posts and did what someone else did with putting midiyoke for the midi in and nothing for midi out, and bam it worked. so i leave it like that and come home. Doesn't work.

the only thing i can think of is how the Wifi settings are for my work Wifi and my home wifi.

at work windows it set to treat the network as a public network and home it's set to a home network.

Now I tried deteling my home wifi from windows, reset connected again and said it was public and still didn't work.

I don't think it's my router as it's not set to block anything from talking to each other on the LAN.

I also have the windows firewall turned off and no other firewalls running.

any thoughts.

lingk

Re: to live but not from live on Windows 7 [Solved, sorta]

Post by lingk » 04 Mar 2011 00:20

So just for kicks I setup a 2nd router in my house that I had laying around. I don't have any encryption set on it yet, but I'll try later. I did try with my normal router with the encryption off, but that didn't help any. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that my router runs DD-wrt.

either way I have a work around for now.

lingk

Post by lingk » 08 Mar 2011 02:16

well now 2days later it dosn't want to work... if i reset my ipad or notbeook a bunch of times it will work.... I just don't get it.

housefly88

Post by housefly88 » 08 Mar 2011 13:27

I am having a simular problem with Windows 7 as well.

I can communicate from Iphone to Ableton but albeton is not updating the iphone. I own MaxMSP, and I can communicate via OSC and the Iphone in both directions using the simple send and recieve patch, but as soon as I try to use LiveControl-TO communication is back to being one sided (Iphone ot ableton only) I have tried this on two different computers, and two different I phones. I think I might have it narrowed down to either the recieve port on the Iphone in touchOSC, because of the max window ststes binding to 5002 then a few lines about OSC loading then Binding to port 4001 and binding to port 5000. The other issue might be my network as I am having the same issues as you are, with communication only being one sided. Iphone > Ableton

Windows 7
x64
Iphone
Touch OSC