setting the midi port in liveControl

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
heffezilla
setting the midi port in liveControl

Post by heffezilla » 23 Oct 2010 18:53

does anyone know how to set the midi port for liveControl. the liveControl instructions say to select the midi port under midi setup. i select this and there is no obvious midi port option. just abbrev and offset. offset only offers numbers in increments of 16. everything is working with touchosc and when i use the the keyboard on my live touchosc template for my ipad, my vsts are working. everything is great. but all vsts only work on midi port 2. is there a way to select the midi port in touchosc? this would be handy if i wanted to use multiple vsts. i could assign a vst on track 1 with a midi port of 1 and then assign a vst on track 2 with a midi port of 2. i then could change the midi via the ipad and could control multiple vsts! any advice on managing multiple vsts in ableton live from the ipad/touchosc would be great. thanks.

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Re: setting the midi port in liveControl

Post by st8_livecontrol » 27 Oct 2010 09:57

ahh i see what you mean, at the moment the pads work on midi channel 1, and the keys on midi channel 2, that way you can control 2 devices, but they are not user assignable ports at the moment.