Windows 7-eveything seems good but nothing

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
botanist
Windows 7-eveything seems good but nothing

Post by botanist » 13 Feb 2011 19:14

This seems to be similar to other problems on the forum but I can't seem to find the answer to the problem searching the forum. I have widows 7 and I installed following the directions. Everything seems to work great up to the point of ableton havhing the red box and saying that the device is ready on the bottom of the screen except there is no sync with live and no communication at all. I'm using midi yolk and I'm running livecontrol as admin. Everything seems good and on the phone touchosc can see the host and it seems correct. The only thing I could think of is that is has to do with the fact that im using the router directly cabled into my computer not wireless. I remember reading a post from somebody that had an issue with that and needed alter something but I was not sure if it was relevant, and it was an old post.

Thanks in advance for any help....

botanist

Re: Windows 7-eveything seems good but nothing

Post by botanist » 13 Feb 2011 19:22

After messing with this forever of course I figure out the solution one min after I post a the question. It seemed to be an issue with the widows firewall and all seems well. I will update if there is any problem.

djtubbs

Re: Windows 7-eveything seems good but nothing

Post by djtubbs » 05 Mar 2011 15:33

Hey botanist
I am running win 7 32bit trying to connect to my ipad with live control. First question is do I need a tool like midi yoke or something else?? I have maple midi but not sure if I need something else.

I have followed all of the instructions and everything seem to work up to the point where I am assigning Livecontrol in the Ableton prefs. In ableton prefs I can select LiveControl TO under control surface and I leave the input output blank.... Not sure what I have to turn on/off in the Track/Sync/Remote list...

Any help would be appreciated as I must be close getting this thing working and it looks sweet.