install

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
sylvainmoreau
install

Post by sylvainmoreau » 01 Sep 2012 14:43

ok .. that's about 1h i'm trying to find some tutorials on youtube to understand how the hell to configure this lemur + ipad + pc + cubase.
i'm a bit worried because reading the 0% answer from liineTV on youtube not even telling if these question should be asked on the forum it will take an extra2h to get it working. (bougth Vcontrol yesterday and it was controlling cubase in 3min !!)

i'm not english and reading this manual saying chapter 4.4. "read 8.2" then "see below for details" looks like some labyrinth game. if you start something finish it so we get a chance to do it.
this manual looks like some licence agreement where they don't want you to understand what you'r signing for.
so please is there's any good videos out there from start to working where someone explain how to procced !

Phil999
Regular

Re: install

Post by Phil999 » 01 Sep 2012 15:50

youtube is not bad to find information, but the search function in a forum is sometimes better. Personally I prefer text info's to videos. There are a few ready-made templates for Lemur&Cubase to find, here in the forum or in the user data base.

V-Control is brilliant, I'm using it as well. I like the V-Window for plugins.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

sylvainmoreau

Post by sylvainmoreau » 01 Sep 2012 15:59

.. but are you english ?
cause honestly video is the best way so everybody can understand.

look at the "text" i read and my misunderstanding.

chapter 8.2
"Now touch the Outputs button for the Lemur Daemon Target 0 and see the list of
Daemons detected by Lemur"
then the picutre shows a list of "Daemon input 0 to 7"
i don't have this. i have V Pan / fireface UC / out to MIDI Yoke 1-8 / V-Control.
anyway it says see below for detail .. where is "below" :shock: nxt chapter ? page ? where.
there's pages like 8.1 explainig you how lemur works scanning ports all blabla .. ok but i don't really care how i just want it to work. i don't know how Vcontrol works honestly but hell it does :p

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 01 Sep 2012 16:29

non, je ne suis pas anglais. Mon anglais est assez faible, aussi mon français.

Il faut que le "Lemur daemon" est en marche sur ton ordinateur si tu veux faire une connection avec Lemur avec MIDI. Sinon ça marche pas.

Not sure if I guessed right. Are you French?
Anyway, it looks like the Lemur daemon isn't running on your computer. Make sure it's running. You can set it to run after every reboot. Besides, V-Control connects to your computer because the Ney-Fi-application is running. Both are similar background-applications, translating network commands into MIDI commands.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

sylvainmoreau

Post by sylvainmoreau » 01 Sep 2012 16:56

how come all french be so dumb :)
hey wait ..isn't lemur french ;) yeah i guess it is. no french manual though.
yeah i understood Ney-Fi is pretty much like the "stuff" you have to sync between daemon nad some midi yoke but it's a shame it's not easier as for sure there's a solution . anyway. i installed LoopMidi and although i cna't see some "Daemon input" in my dropbox i manage cubase to get some midi CC from midi loop. that's 18:55 in france and my first post was 14:43 mmm let's see how fast i can get some templates to control the transport of cubase :p