Unable to run on Windows

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
jeffcloke
Unable to run on Windows

Post by jeffcloke » 18 Jun 2012 10:18

I am using LiveControl successfully on my Mac with OS 10.7.4. I have installed on my Windows machine and everything seems fine in Ableton Live 8.3. But when I run LiveControl.exe I get the message: "UNABLE TO LOCATE COMPONENT - The application failed to start because dnssd.dll was not found." Re-installation and restart does not fix this problem. After the message the LiveControl panel appears on the desktop and it seems to be running but won't recognise my TouchOSC app. Also LiveControl can only be stopped by using the Windows Task Manager.

Please advise

Thanks

Jeff

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 with SP 3.
Packard Bell AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 2.01 GHz 3.25 GB RAM Physical Address Extension

jeffcloke

Re: Unable to run on Windows

Post by jeffcloke » 18 Jun 2012 13:03

Just formatted disc the re-installed Live 8 and LiveControl. Now responding correctly. Just got to get the wireless & MIDI bits going!

Jeff

jeffcloke

Post by jeffcloke » 19 Jun 2012 08:17

Spoke too soon. Reboot brings back the original problem, and now I can't get it to go away.

Everything seems fine in Live: the control surface is selectable and the 'red boxes' appear correctly. It's the LiveControl app which won't load properly.

Please help.

Jeff

jeffcloke

Post by jeffcloke » 21 Jun 2012 22:03

Sorted! After advice from ST8 I installed the Bonjour print service and everything is fine. Who'd have thought you had to have some obscure bit of Apple software installed on the PC to get something like this to work!

Anyway, thanks ST8

Jeff :D