I suck at programming. Need some simple help please.

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
omarramzi
I suck at programming. Need some simple help please.

Post by omarramzi » 12 Jun 2012 13:22

Hi i like making music. But all this programming and messing with midi is torture for me lol. Anyway, Im working on a template of Reason 5's Dr Octo Rex. I cant seem to figure out a couple things. Please help me! :roll:

1) How do i program it to press a button and go through a list of modes? Like when i press 'mode' and go through the different frequencies HP 12 BP 12 and so on. The way its set now it goes to the top one right away. I'm assuming this has to do with the scale settings. I messed around with it a bit but not working out. :?

2) How do i get it to to press a button and have it either go up a list of modes using and 'up' and 'down' button? Like the buttons for the 'global tanspose' in Rex.

3) how do i get it to press a button and have the button stay lit without me holding it down and then when i press a different button it turns off and the other ones stays on. Like when i go through the 8 different loop start buttons in Rex.

4) how can i program a slider to always be positioned at a certain point. Like in Rex where one filter is all the way at the top and one is all the way at the bottom by default.

What language is all this code in? C++? I need to learn this **** lol

Thanks! :D