Midi Control Surface

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
khoa
Midi Control Surface

Post by khoa » 14 Oct 2010 23:48

Installed everything as directed but "LiveControl_TO" doesn't show up in my control surfaces list. I can see LiveControl 1 and 2 under input and output and under the MIDI ports as well. Am I missing something?

khoa

Re: Midi Control Surface

Post by khoa » 15 Oct 2010 00:38

Forgot the specs: running Ableton Live 8.2 on Mac OSX 10.6, if that helps

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 15 Oct 2010 07:27

you've run the installer.jar right? make sure youve got the latest version off the site. previous versions sometimes didnt have write permission to the ableton folder, which it needs to install the remote script.

emitter

Post by emitter » 17 Oct 2010 23:09

I've got the same problem ! (and I think I've used the latest software version...)
I had some problems during the script installation, a message appeared : "The directory already exists ! Are you sure you want to install here and possibly overwrite existing files ?"
I've finally tried the installation without success.
I've decided to uninstall Live control using the IZpack uninstaller and it uninstall every single application on my computer except those who came with OSX (itunes, mail are OK). :(

khoa

Post by khoa » 19 Oct 2010 03:46

I figured it out! I had Live on my desktop while its folder was still in "Applications." I installed LiveControl into the Applications folder without realizing that Live had to be in there too in order for it to work. Seems kinda silly now. Thanks for your help!

emitter

Post by emitter » 19 Oct 2010 22:03

OK, it's all right for me too...

jaeebz

Post by jaeebz » 07 Nov 2010 18:38

Dear fellow LiveControl users and ST8 if u are out there!?!
I have just attempted to get LiveControl working with my iphone4 and Macbook (model- 2,1?).
I have followed the install and set up instructions closely and have the layout on the phone in TouchOsc.
My problem is that Ableton-Live isn't listing LiveControl as a Control surface in the control surface list.
It does however have "LiveControl" "1" & "2" listed in both midi in and outs.
So i'm stumped but so close it seems!!
Well i cant wait to start with Live control it surely appears to be the most comprehensive patch in TouchOsc for use with Live thus far!
THANKS ST8!!!!!! looking forward to utilising this stealth looking tool
I just hope i can conquer this massive leaning curve im on!
Hope to hear from you soon
Cheers Jaeebz

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 12 Nov 2010 18:38

jaeebz wrote:Dear fellow LiveControl users and ST8 if u are out there!?!
I have just attempted to get LiveControl working with my iphone4 and Macbook (model- 2,1?).
I have followed the install and set up instructions closely and have the layout on the phone in TouchOsc.
My problem is that Ableton-Live isn't listing LiveControl as a Control surface in the control surface list.
It does however have "LiveControl" "1" & "2" listed in both midi in and outs.
So i'm stumped but so close it seems!!
Well i cant wait to start with Live control it surely appears to be the most comprehensive patch in TouchOsc for use with Live thus far!
THANKS ST8!!!!!! looking forward to utilising this stealth looking tool
I just hope i can conquer this massive leaning curve im on!
Hope to hear from you soon
Cheers Jaeebz
did you select the correct folder when running the installer.jar? If LiveControl is not listed in the midi remote scripts then something went wrong with the jar installer

jaeebz

Post by jaeebz » 14 Nov 2010 05:31

Hi St8!
yes I installed the LiveControl inst. Jar into the live directory and i also made sure that the LiveControl app and the live app were both in the applications folder.
Now i want to uninstall and try again but I'm worried that I will loose live as when I went to use the provided uninstaller it was going to uninstall live 8.1 etc.. Can I just try the install again without uninstalling the LiveControl components? Also I am having massive trouble trying to set up an ad hoc network on my Mac. I have followed all the steps and tried countless variations of password usage, network preference settings & Internet sharing settings etc. There appear to be hundreds of Mac users who are experiencing the same difficulty and it has been concluded by most that it is a snow leopard phenomenon.. This means I can't get Griid working, nor any othr osc based formats.
I have updated software, researched other fixes and searched relentlessly to find patches for my:
Airport extreme (0x168C, 087) card; Atheros 5416: 2.0.19.10 firmware; 802.11 a/b/g/n interface.
I did find an apple update called Airport client update 2009 002 which apple state will fix this problem but my system would not allow me to install it???
So im pretty stuffed! Seems ill be doing quite a bit of learning to conquer my mac issues... Considering going to university for this, might make it a bit easier!!! Anyway, any ideas would be very gratefully appreciated!! I am itching to start using livecontrol!
Thanks again Jaeebz

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Post by st8_livecontrol » 23 Nov 2010 13:24

jaeebz wrote:Hi St8!
yes I installed the LiveControl inst. Jar into the live directory and i also made sure that the LiveControl app and the live app were both in the applications folder.
Now i want to uninstall and try again but I'm worried that I will loose live as when I went to use the provided uninstaller it was going to uninstall live 8.1 etc.. Can I just try the install again without uninstalling the LiveControl components? Also I am having massive trouble trying to set up an ad hoc network on my Mac. I have followed all the steps and tried countless variations of password usage, network preference settings & Internet sharing settings etc. There appear to be hundreds of Mac users who are experiencing the same difficulty and it has been concluded by most that it is a snow leopard phenomenon.. This means I can't get Griid working, nor any othr osc based formats.
I have updated software, researched other fixes and searched relentlessly to find patches for my:
Airport extreme (0x168C, 087) card; Atheros 5416: 2.0.19.10 firmware; 802.11 a/b/g/n interface.
I did find an apple update called Airport client update 2009 002 which apple state will fix this problem but my system would not allow me to install it???
So im pretty stuffed! Seems ill be doing quite a bit of learning to conquer my mac issues... Considering going to university for this, might make it a bit easier!!! Anyway, any ideas would be very gratefully appreciated!! I am itching to start using livecontrol!
Thanks again Jaeebz
Have you moved Live.app out of the Live x.x.x folder? that might be your problem, the jar installer installs the midi remote scripts into Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts. If you've moved the app the installer probably cant find the right folder