Using Pads/Keys on a PC Installation.

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
Mewnor
Using Pads/Keys on a PC Installation.

Post by Mewnor » 21 Jan 2011 21:54

I have followed the installation instructions in Computer Musics special edition issue on Apps.

It is based on a MAC installation.

I have a PC and have got as far as getting most of the App to function and communicate with Ableton, what I cannot get is the pads or keys The only sound i can get is a standard piano sound which i presume is the sdtandard microsoft midi sound kicking in. I want to be able to use the piano roll via the Keys option and trigger devices such as the synths in Ableton

In Livecontrol the only options i have in midi port are: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
Microsoft Synthesizer

Its currently set to the latter. In Ableton control service one is Livecontrol TO

Output is Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

Midi ports output says Livecontrol TO (Microsoft GS Wavetable synth) the track is set to on

The CM magazine suggests i need third party software to pull this off? Is this correct?? and if so whast would you recommend? I downloadedMIDI-OX but when i open it i get an error saying "there are no midi input devices"

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Mark.

Mewnor

Re: Using Pads/Keys on a PC Installation.

Post by Mewnor » 21 Jan 2011 23:08

Ive sorted it,

Installed Midi Yoke, (which was no mean feat on windows 7) had to turn off UAC to get the install to pass.

But now like the Death star im fully operational.

Happy days. and what a program £2.99 ure having a laugh, its worth ten x that.