Mac Livecontrol wiht Live 8.2.1 no Luck

Solve problems with help from the Liine team and fellow users.
justix
Mac Livecontrol wiht Live 8.2.1 no Luck

Post by justix » 13 Jan 2011 22:38

HI and thank you for this amazing script, I managed the easy way to make it work on a PC without troubles BUT no Mac happiness..

I need to run it on my Macbook oS 10.5.8 Live 8.2.1 and even though I followed the instruction to the letter I had no success with it:

1) The installation did not much, I could not find the Midi Script in Live even if I've seen the installer running and extracting the script..?? So I did copy the LiveCOntrol_TO folder manually into the MIDI Remote Scripts
of my installtion of Live 8.2.1 (I also still have 8.1 for compatibility issues just in order to check)
2) Ad-Hoc connection works fine (I also have TouchAble) and once connected through TouchOsc I can see my clips and effects but nothing else, It does not run them or start Live, anywhere I can look? I have the Red Ring (or should we say the Colored Border around the clips).

Thanks ;)

st8_livecontrol
Regular

Re: Mac Livecontrol wiht Live 8.2.1 no Luck

Post by st8_livecontrol » 21 Jan 2011 12:13

so you can see your live set in TouchOSC, you just cant launch or control anything? you need to check that you dont have a firewall running (like little snitch) and that the ports are correct in TouchOSC:
outgoing = 5000
incoming = 5001

in the network section of touchosc

fabricedegraef

Post by fabricedegraef » 27 Jan 2011 00:06

hi
i am still investigating on this issue but is seams that touchable might sometime incompatible with livecontrol... have anyone found a solution for running teh 2 controllers ( on iphone + ipad for ex)?

justix

Post by justix » 03 Feb 2011 08:37

st8_livecontrol wrote:so you can see your live set in TouchOSC, you just cant launch or control anything? you need to check that you dont have a firewall running (like little snitch) and that the ports are correct in TouchOSC:
outgoing = 5000
incoming = 5001

in the network section of touchosc
Thanks , I will hook up again to check things properly but pretty sure that I did what I could already in order to run the script on my mac, I will report back my progress....

thanks

justix

Post by justix » 08 Feb 2011 13:42

I finally made it happen, but I had to clean the OS from scratch ( on Snow Leopard now) and still have problem with the jar, I did put the scripts in the remote Midi Script folder manually as it never work out through that installer...now the only thing that still haunt me is why I often got the touchOsc template not responding properly, like:
Not showing clips name but still able to run and stop them like if it does not read the interface properly, and also, If I have only 3 clips on 3 Columns I should only see 3 Columns but instead I still see the entire grid no matter how many clips I have on stage..bit confusing :?: