LFO module

Post and discuss Lemur Modules.
oldgearguy
Regular
Re: LFO module

Post by oldgearguy » 05 Feb 2015 17:57

and here's a version using a single pop-up slider along with basic buttons/values. It was easier than I thought to port over the pop-up from a previous project.

Note that in the interests of it being a demo, I'm being lazy and using an on-frame script to copy the array values from the new controls into the old control variables so I don't have to change my equations.
Attachments
LFO_4_pop.jzml
(75.5KiB)Downloaded 410 times
Last edited by oldgearguy on 05 Feb 2015 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 05 Feb 2015 18:03

cool stuff, haha I thought the offset didn't work at first, but now I realize I think we were thinking of different 'offsets':
The offset I was thinking of was to have the middle value the sine modulates around be changed. So If I scale the sine down, it just modulates, say for example, the first quarter or the fader. Then I would use an offset to moved that scaled sine wave to start in the middle or end of the fader (like the offset on ableton and max LFO's), so you can have that scaled down modulation occuring at any point on the fader.

But I think the offset you did is changing the start position of the phase right?

Also, I'm messing with the pulse width and cannot perceive any changes in the modulation, any thoughts on that?

Anyway, almost an in depth lfo module! (now you just need jittering and smoothing and exponential slope options! JK haha)

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 05 Feb 2015 18:54

ndivuyo wrote:cool stuff, haha I thought the offset didn't work at first, but now I realize I think we were thinking of different 'offsets':
The offset I was thinking of was to have the middle value the sine modulates around be changed. So If I scale the sine down, it just modulates, say for example, the first quarter or the fader. Then I would use an offset to moved that scaled sine wave to start in the middle or end of the fader (like the offset on ableton and max LFO's), so you can have that scaled down modulation occuring at any point on the fader.

But I think the offset you did is changing the start position of the phase right?

Also, I'm messing with the pulse width and cannot perceive any changes in the modulation, any thoughts on that?

Anyway, almost an in depth lfo module! (now you just need jittering and smoothing and exponential slope options! JK haha)
yes - the offset is an x-axis slide (phase start change). Doing what you suggest involves too many limit conditions! :x Do you clip or fold back when the scale + offset is larger than the max? Maybe that can be an exercise left to the reader.

Pulse width is working in 3 and LFO_4_pop.jzml for sure. If your range is constrained, it is possible to see nothing happening. If you have a set of conditions that are producing no result, let me know.

At this point I'm more than done with this. On to finishing the actual RSS-10 application.

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 06 Feb 2015 15:35

ok - I know I said I was done, but...

Here is the real final version.

No more range variable.
Offset is renamed phase and goes 0 to 360
New variable called offset which shifts the LFO up and down the y-axis. Range is -100 to 100. Conceptually think of it as a percentage since the end result is being applied to whatever range is set for the target fader.

Offset and Scale work together to fine tune the LFO. 0 Offset and 100 Scale gives the standard, full range LFO. As long as abs(offset) + scale <= 100 the LFO waveform won't be clipping. Note that you can use the clipping feature to create new waveforms...

enjoy
Attachments
LFO_final.jzml
really final final version of this module
(70.52KiB)Downloaded 452 times

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Feb 2015 17:28

oh yea man! Very legit now! Thanks for making the effort, I'm sure this will be useful for people (maybe add it to the user library eventually?)