Scroller

Post and discuss Lemur Modules.
Softcore
Regular
Scroller

Post by Softcore » 15 May 2013 19:40

After a discussion I had with another forum member and his quest for a scrollable Lemur template
(it started here: http://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6&start=20) I made today what he had in mind.

The "special" part of this, as opposed to my version found in that topic is that the scrolling always lands on the next-previous page no matter what - no matter how fast or for how long you swipe your fingers.
I still believe its less intuitive for live situations because for example there is no fast way to go from "Page 2" to "Page 6" (requires a lot of swiping) which, with the use of a tabbed container, would be just an instant touch away.

Anyway, just to show off once more that Lemur can handle pretty much anything......here it is. ;)

template:
Scroller.jzml
(20.45KiB)Downloaded 265 times
module:
Scroller.jzlib
(20.33KiB)Downloaded 242 times
user library:
http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/393/

Joe Soap
Regular

Re: Scroller

Post by Joe Soap » 16 May 2013 00:39

Dude, that's really nice! :)

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 16 May 2013 06:06

Thanks man! ;)

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 22 May 2013 17:13

Interesting! Another/parallel approach might be to use a horizontal fader with as many grid steps as you have pages. You could then use a pads object of the same width, set to 1 row and as many columns as you have grid steps/pages, set it to multi label, and use that to label each page and have it directly above its appropriate grid step. (Set the pads color to black, perhaps change the active page's color to something else)...

Probably a royal PIA to tie this into your current system (so that a swipe to a page would also set the fader to the right position etc...), but could provide a really quick way to scroll to an exact spot. On the other hand, it limits your options to 33 pages (probably less as fitting the labels for all 33 in the page would be tough).

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 23 May 2013 06:31

Hear ya! Although, as I initially said, I consider this whole thing to be strictly "eye candy" and of secondary importance....

A tabbed container seems to be the fastest and most practical way to navigate through objects - what is visible on the screen (or show(object, state) ) and with less impact on processing resources (not much coding involved). The reason I made this, was more of an exercise to me than an actual thing Im going to use.

;)

mh175

Post by mh175 » 06 Nov 2013 15:57

Great job!