Ipad Format ASCII Keyboard (for Windows, maybe Mac?)

Post and discuss Lemur Modules.
Traxus
Regular
Ipad Format ASCII Keyboard (for Windows, maybe Mac?)

Post by Traxus » 09 Feb 2013 22:48

Couldn't believe this wasn't already in the library. Spent the last day and a half building it. Not as efficient as I would like, uses about 10% of the available space, partially because I prefer the look and feel of pads over buttons.

I had hoped to make a 'key' object by which setting the Primary and Secondary output, the rest would be taken care of, but since we can't store strings in variables this couldn't come to fruition (there was no good or easy way to loop through the keys).

Someone motivated could probably hack and paste it into a more standard style computer keyboard and cut the usage down to 5-7%, but I've had enough for now, here so here it is:

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/354/
Asciikeyboard.png
Asciikeyboard.png (25.33KiB)Viewed 18333 times

Traxus
Regular

Re: Ipad Format ASCII Keyboard (for Windows, maybe Mac?)

Post by Traxus » 10 Feb 2013 19:06

UPDATE:

I found a few screw ups. First, somone has (kind of) beaten me to the punch: http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=896&start=0 . Mine of course is different in that it follows the iPad keyboard lay out to conserve space.

Secondly, I had messed up the whole moduleColor variable, and the keyboard would sometimes not appear because every element was colored black. I've fixed that, changing the color of the top most level container will now cause the entire module to switch to that color. Much easier IMO.

Third, I forgot to code the undo button, but have since fixed that.

Fourth, this may be Mac friendly after all. The only hang up could be the undo button...

Does anyone know if sending keycomboout(kbMouseTarget, 1, 0, 0, 90); (for ctrl Z) will wend a command Z on mac? I don't have one to test, thanks.

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 12 Feb 2013 06:22

Here's a snap of it in action for the file navigation/search area of Serato Scratch Live ;)
FileNavigationPage.png
FileNavigationPage.png (83.5KiB)Viewed 18301 times

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 12 Feb 2013 07:26

Very cool, seen in context :!:

8-)

Traxus
Regular

Post by Traxus » 17 Feb 2013 18:42

Has anyone tried this on Mac OS? Were we ever able to determine whether the undo button on the second page of keys correctly sends command Z (technically, the script is wired to send Ctrl Z)?

Thanks.

zvukofor

Post by zvukofor » 07 Jun 2015 21:54

I've tried it in OS X, tried to troubleshoot it, but without good results.
It just seems that some key numbers aren't working - numbers 7, 9, Backspace, Enter...and i cannot find a way to make them work, tried to finв the right codes but it just do not work, which is very, very pity.
Can someone help me to resolve this little problem?