Noob Question

Discuss problems and solutions.
jcblemur
Noob Question

Post by jcblemur » 21 Jun 2017 17:46

I want to have a button/switch in one container activate a script in a different container. I know this is super simple but I would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

th_ldu

Re: Noob Question

Post by th_ldu » 29 Jun 2017 09:29

I know the manual is not always very clear about some things especially when you are not a programmer (which is my case and therefore I can understand) ... but this question really concerns the basics and is perfectly explained In the manual.
The forum is less active now than in the past and I am unfortunately afraid that it will not be better. And the fact that people come to ask questions here while they can look for 5mn (in the manual or by looking for in all the projects posted on the Lemur page) and find easily the answer is not going to help.

I give you the answer because I really don't like to leave people in their s**t but please do an effort next time.

You have to indicate the name of your container just before the name of your button. And don't forget to put "." between the two denominations.
For example: MyContainer.MyButton

jcblemur

Re: Noob Question

Post by jcblemur » 13 Jul 2017 21:26

Thanks for the response. I've tried looking in the manual in the past and have had a very hard time deciphering it as I don't have a programming background. I'm sorry to hear that the forum is less active then it used to be but hopefully that will turn around.