Ableton to Lemur record enable/overwrite

Discuss problems and solutions.
Dark Arps
Ableton to Lemur record enable/overwrite

Post by Dark Arps » 24 Apr 2017 06:10

Hi there, hoping someone can help.

I'm trying to make a simple Lemur interface to control certain aspects of Ableton Live. By enabling remote output for the Daemon MIDI device within Live, when I move a slider or push a button in Live which has a MIDI mapping from the Lemur interface, the Lemur interface updates to show the current state of the slider/button... aka bi-directional communication, which is great.

However, this does not seem to apply to record enable for Live's tracks, or record overdub, or any of the transport controls. I am assuming these functions can only be communicated back to Lemur by setting it up as a control surface.

I actually purchased Live Control 2, which does do these things and a lot more. The problem is the features in that template are total overkill for my needs, and I cannot figure out how to dissect the template and reduce it to just the functions I want... specifically record enable for Live's tracks, and activating overdub mode. Basically I need Lemur to show me the current state of these parameters - is overdub mode engaged? which tracks are record enabled?