Daemon loses connection EVERY 5 minutes on Samsung VIEW

Discuss problems and solutions.
alexpfeffer
Daemon loses connection EVERY 5 minutes on Samsung VIEW

Post by alexpfeffer » 23 Mar 2017 18:14

Hey guys,

I am not sure what is going on here. I didn't change anything but in the beginning this setup was working 100% correct and rock solid without any connection loss over hours or even days!

... but most recently my Samsung VIEW loses connection to the Laemur Daemon almost every 5 minutes! I really spent a LOT of time to get my current setup going and it is just driving me nuts, that once I got everything going and perfectly setup, the connections drops so often!

So please, if you got any help I would appreciate it! I tried so many things like rebooting the tablet, the router, the PC itself (Win 10), static IP, several router settings etc. .. but nothing works! I really want to keep that setup and got used to it, I don't wanna miss it anymore. I am really not sure what it is, also it seems like the WLAN doesn't drop in general, but just the Daemon loses the connection to the tablet!

THANK YOU!

dburns

Re: Daemon loses connection EVERY 5 minutes on Samsung VIEW

Post by dburns » 05 Apr 2017 03:18

Noticed the Samsung has a usb out, is it possible to use that instead of Wi fi to the PC?

alexpfeffer

Post by alexpfeffer » 03 Aug 2017 18:01

Yes, but as long as the VIEW doesn't get the latest update it can't read MIDI via USB! :/

GPnicolett

Post by GPnicolett » 16 Aug 2017 21:37

I was having similar problems using a Samsung Nexus 10. It was annoying enough that I suck it up and bought an iPad.

Not having any connection problems in iOS. But side note - Lemur currently does not function on iPad Pro 10.5” (works fine on the 12.9” though).

amundsen
Regular

Post by amundsen » 27 Aug 2017 12:24

If you install a DIS driver (such as Horndis on MacOS, but it functions also under Windows), using a USB cable you can get a good OSC connection between the View and a computer. But I don't think it works for MIDI. Under Windows, you also need an app such as Tethering toggler (you install it on the Galaxy View).

kenm

Post by kenm » 13 Sep 2017 20:37

I've recently been using a Galaxy View with a wired Ethernet adapter. I'm using the Plugable USB2-OTGE100 and it works fine with the GV. I set up the connection following this video and it's been rock solid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69iVWxJZuQ

Hope this is helpful,
Ken