Lemur editor not saving window arrangement

Discuss problems and solutions.
Phil999
Regular
Re: Lemur editor not saving window arrangement

Post by Phil999 » 23 Jan 2018 22:40

contrary to what I wrote last time, version 5.3.2 does not solve the problem either. It did work for some time for me, but then again it didn't. I really don't know where the problem lies. I have all Windows installers back to 3.0.2, but I'm not sure which one keeps the window arrangement in Win7, Win8, Win10, and which one is still compatible with current Lemur app versions. My guess is they are all compatible, but I'm not sure about this. I will post new findings in this thread, but experience tells me that I have to wait for several months until I can really be sure.

The only thing I can recommend today is to live with it, as a Windows user. When you start a Lemur Editor session, scale the main window to your screen or click the maximise button, arrange its windows, and leave it open as long as possible. Maybe leave your computer running while you are sleeping to continue work the next day. The editor is very stable, it can run for days. Quick tip: you can import library files with the 'import' button, it even memorises the location. It is not really necessary to set the library location every time you start the editor.

The better option is to get a Mac (myself I still don't have one) or to setup an older Windows machine as hackintosh. On a Mac these problems have never occurred.

I know, it's not perfect for Windows users, but as long as it is working and stable, it's just a minor disadvantage. I've been struggling with the editor for a long time, but it has not prevented me to build very useful templates in 2017. On Win10 machines.

Edit: I believe it is mainly a Win10 problem. In Win7, deinstalling and deleting the registry entry, and reinstalling, did usually solve the problem.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro