Scripting NoteOff to Logic X **Please Help!!**

Discuss problems and solutions.
Giordano Wolfdown
Scripting NoteOff to Logic X **Please Help!!**

Post by Giordano Wolfdown » 18 Sep 2016 18:45

No matter whether I use note out with vel=0 or midiout with note off message I can't get it to work!

I really like this simple keyboard because it has 3 ergonomic octaves:

I've created a pads object and scripted the scale with a vector so I don't have to create each key separately for a typical midi keyboard... everything works great for note on, velocity etc... but when I release I get a hung note of pitch "0" instead of a note off.

With logic X will it not recognize note out with v=0 as a note off? How does one script a custom midi note off in this case?? Please help!

here is my script in simplest form, attached is the interface

decl index= firstof(keys.x);
decl p=notes[index];
MonitorN.value=p;
if (p>0) noteout (0,p,98,1);
else noteout (0, p, 1,1);

Please and Thanks! By the way I LOVE Lemur... it is becoming an obsession.
Attachments
Logic 3 octaves.jzml
(27.74KiB)Downloaded 94 times
G. Wolfdown
Logic pro X
Xone k2
F1
Tractor Pro 2

Giordano Wolfdown

Re: Scripting NoteOff to Logic X **Please Help!!**

Post by Giordano Wolfdown » 24 Sep 2016 06:26

Seriously...? Nobody can help this little problem...? I can not get a note off and its driving me nuts. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Please.
G. Wolfdown
Logic pro X
Xone k2
F1
Tractor Pro 2

dburns

Post by dburns » 02 Oct 2016 15:25

I think noteoff needs to have velocity 0, but it appears you are sending velocity of 1. I think LPX actually recognizes noteon with velocity 0 as a noteoff, but I'm not close to the computer at the moment.

Also, you can script a noteoff using midiout function instead of noteout function, as I've noticed some daws don't recognize note with a velocity of 0 as a proper noteoff.To do that you need to make a script like-

decl midistr;
midistr= {0x89,note,velocity} //where 0x89 is the midi spec for note off,you need to set the note and velocity.
midiout=(port,midistr);

example:
midistr={0x89,24,127};
midiout=(0,midistr);

You might need to set midi channel, but I haven't been able to get midi channel into this script myself. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in.

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 16 Oct 2016 15:42

So, do you still need help with this script or did you solve it/forget it/do something else?

(just asking since it was originally posted a month ago)