Help with Menu..?

Discuss problems and solutions.
Pinkman
Help with Menu..?

Post by Pinkman » 30 Aug 2016 02:01

I have a list of 90+ menu choiceson a vst that I need to select from my Lemur template. I've categorized the options and have 4 separate MENU objects being controlled by the same Control Change Message. I've scaled the values and am able to select all of them except for the first option in menu 2, 3 and 4. These, I can't seem to select unless I tap on another option in the same menu first.

I've attached screenshots of an example template so you can visualize the issue I'm having.
Options B1, C1 and D1 are the ones that don't let me select unless I select another option in that same menu first.

Help would be appreciated.
Attachments
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (23.79KiB)Viewed 1736 times

oldgearguy
Regular

Re: Help with Menu..?

Post by oldgearguy » 11 Oct 2016 18:24

seeing the relevant code would be very helpful

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Help with Menu..?

Post by MrCorba » 12 Oct 2016 19:15

I think the problem is that each menu is loaded with the first option selected. Lemur only sent a message onChange. So if you press B1, the option is already selected so there's no change. And when you press B2, there's change so a message is sent.

The only solution I can think of is add an onLoad script to each menu and set the selection to a value the menu doesn't have. So say each menu has 10 items put this in the onLoad:

Code: Select all

Menu.selection = 11;
Now when you select the first one, there is a change and a message is sent.

Hopefully this solves your problem
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba