Receiving patch change info

Discuss problems and solutions.
jmm1
Receiving patch change info

Post by jmm1 » 28 Aug 2016 03:48

Hi,

I am trying to create a Nord Lead 2X Template - I am using the MIDI Wrench app to work out the MIDI parameters. And I have created some controls which now work nicely between the iPad and the Nord. I am using the iPad editor as I just find the Lemur Editor on the Mac too hard.

What I need help with is when a patch changes I would like the NORD to automatically change all the parameters on the layout.

Do I need to send out a script for this change to happen? That is too advanced for me at this stage.
Note: I am no trying to change patches from the IPAD. I only want the new patch settings to somehow be shown on the iPad when I change the patch on the NORD.

Thanks in Advance

oldgearguy
Regular

Re: Receiving patch change info

Post by oldgearguy » 17 Oct 2016 11:18

It's not likely something that is easily doable.
The reason is that the Nord would have to send a sysex dump of the new patch parameters every time you changed patches. This is not something any manufacturer programs into their gear automatically.

What you could do is to have the Lemure/iPad app continuously send out a request for a parameter that identifies the patch (like the patch name or number) and if it changes, then query the Nord for all the new data.

Note that this is a very inefficient method and could clog up the MIDI bandwidth depending on how aggressively you query the Nord. You'll likely need to look at Lemur scripts that execute 'onframe' or 'onclock' and it can get pretty advanced and complex quickly.