Intermittent connection after adding new USB keyboard

Discuss problems and solutions.
rgames
Intermittent connection after adding new USB keyboard

Post by rgames » 26 Mar 2016 17:37

Hello all,

I've been using Lemur for several months with no issues (after getting everything set up) but am suddenly getting frequent connection loss. The only thing different in my setup is I just added a new USB keyboard (Studiologic SL88). I'm on Win10 and am using loopMIDI to configure the ports.

Is there any way the new ports for the new keyboard have screwed up something in Lemur? I can't see any difference in the app or in the daemon. When the connection drops the loopMIDI dialog shows no data transfer and the daemon shows no ports. When it reconnects, the ports reappear and loopMIDI once again shows data transfer.

Thanks in advance,

rgames

Phil999
Regular

Re: Intermittent connection after adding new USB keyboard

Post by Phil999 » 27 Mar 2016 17:56

maybe a wifi problem? I don't know, such things are difficult to find out.

Another approach is to use Studiomux (or similar) technology, with cabled connection. This is very reliable.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

rgames

Post by rgames » 28 Mar 2016 14:40

Thanks - I think there are two issues. First is that the Lemur connection is being dropped more frequently all of a sudden. I don't know how that could be related to the new keyboard - just coincidence, maybe.

Second is that the new keyboard arrived with "MIDI Merge" set to on. I don't completely understand what that does but when I turned it off a bunch of other stuff started working again. For example, some Lemur ports would work and some wouldn't, so I don't think that part was a connection issue - that was (I believe) related to the MIDI merge feature because that problem went away after disabling it.

However, I still lose *all* ports more regularly than before.

Anyway, a mystery... maybe related to Win10 updates (that can't be disabled...).

rgames

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 29 Mar 2016 15:42

it makes no sense, I agree. Of course, any MIDI device attached to a computer should not interfere with wifi or Lemur connection. But I have no idea what else could be the reason. Sorry.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 29 Mar 2016 17:25

Only thing I can think of is to remove the keyboard and see if the problem still exists. If it doesn't, you haven't solved it but at least you've isolated the problem....
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba