send second cc message

Discuss problems and solutions.
popeonarope
send second cc message

Post by popeonarope » 11 Mar 2016 08:26

I am working on a template to provide insert processing and send effects in a live sound reinforcement context through ableton live. Each insert strip (currently there are 4 inserts and 2 sends; the limit of my audio interface) has several effects like gate, compressor, multiband dynamics, eq, etc..

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the relevant device selected in Ableton each time I move any of the controls for that device. Because device selection is midi mappable in Ableton I know that if I could get all the controls within a device to send the same midi cc message in addition to what they are already sending I could map this to the device select parameter. I know i could do this with a utility like Bome's Midi Translator, but that is really quite labour intensive, and I'm wondering if any of you know a way to do it natively within Lemur.
HP Pavilion, Outdated m-audio fast track ultra that still miraculously works, Ableton Live, Iphone 5s, Ableton push

Softcore
Regular

Re: send second cc message

Post by Softcore » 17 Mar 2016 13:41

Very easy to achieve...... Ideally you'd want to map a CC number to "selecting" that device....

SO here is an example where ALL the knobs trigger a script that sends pre-defined Lemur target, pre-defined CC number, value and midi channel.
objectsSendingCCwhenTouched.jzml
(18.73KiB)Downloaded 170 times